Joined the photography world!

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by aprofetto, Apr 19, 2009.

1. aprofetto macrumors 6502a

aprofetto

Well, a couple of days ago my fiance and I bought a Canon Rebel XSi.

Checked a few places out beforehand, trying to find the cheapest price, initially our plan was to get the XS, photography will only be a hobby for us, so I wasn't convinced we needed the XSi.

Anyways, when we got to BestBuy, they had an XSi that was returned, only out for a few days, cables and everything were still sealed in their original packaging.

The normal price for the XSi at BestBuy was $799 CAD but it was on sale for $729 CAD, and the open box XSi was at $629 CAD. So we decided to grab the open box XSi.

Now we're just playing around with it and trying to get to know it. We plan on taking a college course this summer for photography which we hope will really give us a good foundation.

Anyways, here's a shot I took of some coffee beans!

[​IMG]

2. pprior macrumors 65816

If you put the effort into learning, that camera will serve you well.

Just remember the green box is evil, learn how to use the camera and focus on composition and lighting and you'll have a blast.

3. Little HZ macrumors regular

Little HZ

Congrats! Sounds like you got a great deal. Keep posting photos, and have fun. :D

4. LittleCanonKid macrumors 6502

This is truth.

Photography is quite a lot of fun and can be very satisfying... it's great nailing a shot you've been trying to get for a long time, or even better, one you didn't expect to get. I hope to see you in the Photo of the Day threads soon! :)

5. aprofetto thread starter macrumors 6502a

aprofetto

Thanks guys.

Just one question, what is the green box? :eek:

6. Atomicfission92 macrumors regular

[Auto] mode.