Joining a network

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Mac'nCheese, Dec 18, 2011.

1. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

Not sure if this is in the correct place but here goes:
    At work we have a wi-fi for guests that you have to sign in with a password. My iphone is set to remember this wi-fi and when ever I use my phone, the sign in screen from the network pops up. It only remembers me as long as I keep my phone active. Even if the phone goes into standby or sleep or whatever its called for a minute, if I go to check my email or facebook, the wi-fi network asks me to log in again. HOWEVER, my friends' android phones log in automatically. They were asked for this password once and never again. So, anybody know what I'm doing wrong that this wi-fi network keeps asking for the password when other phones just log in with no problems?

2. Leonard1818 macrumors 68020

I'd like to know this as well since my school wifi is the same way. On my laptop I successfully installed some sort of "remember me" app that the university suggested and I think it works (haven't really paid any attention) however on my phone, it's the same as what you're describing.

3. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

You have to keep logging in each time, no way around it.
    Its the way that wifi is setup.

4. Mac'nCheese thread starter macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

That's what I thought until last night when my friend showed me how he didn't have to log in each time with his phone. Made me jealous.

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Yes, but it's not an iPhone:)