joining clips?

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by j2048b, Apr 19, 2010.

1. j2048b macrumors 6502a

I am a mac neww bee and convinced the wife to let me get my mac pro, along with a ton of other apple products i have purchased right under her nose for the last 1-2 years!!

The reasoning behind getting the mac pro was to be able to (do video and photo editing) and to join all of her pregnancy vids and possibly her pictures so that all of the vids would play one right after the other, kind of like a series on tv.

I have tried different methods such as idvd and imovie but they end up running like a weird slide show type thing, and it has never worked,

so what can i do in order to make this happen? i need to join all her clips so they run together, as well as make one where it is like a tv series and i can choose which one i want to watch.

All assistance and advice will be greatly appreciated!

thanks

2. spice weasel macrumors 65816

You need to import all the clips into iMovie (or iPhoto, which is usually the case for flip-cam videos) and then create a single movie using iMovie. Add whatever photos you want, and any transitions, titles, music, or other edits. Then you need to create chapter markers where you want each "episode" to start. Then export to iDVD and burn a disc.

So basically, use iMovie to join the clips into one long movie, with chapter markers to break it up into segments.

3. j2048b thread starter macrumors 6502a

cool, thanks for the help! will try this soon!