Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

aaronb

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 13, 2006
I did this a long time ago, but I was wondering, is it free to join iTunes even though you are required to put in a credit card when you sign up? Kind of a weird question but thought I'd make sure!

Ubuntu

macrumors 68020
Jul 3, 2005
UK/US
I did this a long time ago, but I was wondering, is it free to join iTunes even though you are required to put in a credit card when you sign up? Kind of a weird question but thought I'd make sure!

The iTunes music store is a pay-per-song service, so it's free to join, and you can download the weekly free songs, you only have to pay when you click "Buy song".

Frankf300

macrumors regular
Oct 15, 2006
NY
Yea, you don't have to enter any CC info when you sign up. It will ask for that when you go to purchase your first song. I like to look and see what the free song of the week is, I haven't done much purchasing of off the iTunes store. At least when I originally signed up it didn't ask for CC info, it may have changed now, so I may be wrong.

needthephone

macrumors 6502a
Apr 4, 2006
sydney
I brought an itunes music card as I didn't want to enter my credit card.

However when I redeemed it I STILL had to enter my cc details befor I could use it. Very un impressed but apple amongst being a brilliant innovator is also a well run business.

Apple have my cc on file so I hope it won't be stolen ( don't laugh I brought a DVD from a well known DVD online store and all their credit card details were stolen so we had to change our credit card when they emailed all their customers what had happened)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.