Joining The Macbook crowd

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Goodeye, Feb 24, 2010.

1. Goodeye macrumors 6502a

Goodeye

So I had an old iBook G3 white that ended up dieing less than a year after I got it (it was used) and before that had a G4 iMac.

But it's been over 5 years since I had a Mac, and finally this Friday when I get my tax return I am buying a Macbook. I seriously can't wait hahaha. Is there anything I should look for in the Macbook that I should be worried about etc?

2. glasscity macrumors member

I just bought my first mac last weekend, a macbook, and so far I've had no problems at all. I had trouble installing an app, and it wasn't restarting or anything, but once I uninstalled it, everything was back to normal.

The only thing is, it really does pick up scratches very easily. Not deep scratches mind you, but scratches that are, more or less, only visible in the right light. It's nothing much, but if you're OCD about keeping your new things looking as new as possible (like I am) it's a little annoying :). That's just cosmetic though, and in a few months you probably won't mind or care so much.

Otherwise, I say jump in as soon as you can. it's really easy to get a handle on, it's fast, it's quiet, it doesn't run hot at all (my old laptop runs super hot) and it's decently portable.

3. Skippy440 macrumors member

Skippy440

Bought mine last November and absolutely love it. :D
    No issues at all with mine.

If you can afford it, I would upgrade the RAM to 4GB right off the bat and I also went with the 320GB HD (lots of music).
    No issues with Snow Leopard either.

4. glasscity macrumors member

with the ram upgrade and the HD upgrade, the macbook at 13" is better than the low end mbp, at the very same price. You really can't go wrong with the macbook.

5. MacAndMic macrumors 6502

Price!

I bought mine at an Apple Store almost 2 weeks ago and could not be happier. This is my first experience in owning a mac and I cannot figure out why I waited so long. This is the way computing should be.

But do keep your eyes open and price shop. Thanks to this forum, I found out Micro Center was selling the MacBook I bought for $200 less. I went back to the Apple store and they refunded the $200 plus tax since I was still within their 14 day return period.

troutspinner

6. Goodeye thread starter macrumors 6502a

Goodeye

That would be awesome but we don't have microcenter in Arizona

I will be getting it today or tomorrow. I can't wait!