Joost & Miro Frustrations

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by MBX, Feb 4, 2008.

1. MBX macrumors 65816

so i was getting into the "internet-tv" thing this weekend again since it was a while that i used joost. i installed the latest beta version and also installed miro.

but both are just not very satisfying and here's why:

joost:

- still buggy as hell after such a long development period and beta versions.

- not enough shows updates. most of the channels still have the same shows/ episodes from a half a year ago when i last checked. this is just not really "tv". if they have so many ads interfering with your experience, why can't they update the episodes more often? so that we get the latest episodes (that you can buy for 1.99 on itunes) in joost. thus i wouldn't mind the ads if i could avoid spending the 1.99.

miro:

- it's basically a hub for podcasts. i can do pretty much the same within itunes, so i'm not sure yet how this app is of advance. maybe for some people who like to just store all their video-casts in miro instead itunes?

- as mentioned above it doesn't have real tv shows that come from regular tv channels.

--

what do you think about all of this?

2. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

so far, I use miro as youtube video downloader, very nice for that purpose.

3. CaptainHaddock macrumors 6502

I tried Joost once, didn't see anything worth watching, and went back to other methods of obtaining TV content.

4. jerry1 macrumors member

Your other methods are?

5. Dreamkatcha macrumors regular

Dreamkatcha

I've just tried Miro for the first time too. As you say, it offers nothing new or better over iTunes. It lasted five minutes on my computer before being relegated to the trash bin.

I think Zattoo is probably what you need if you want to watch traditional TV. I'm impressed so far. It would be nice if you could pause and rewind, but those features are on the way I've read.