Jotnot Pro busted on ip4 after Jailbreak

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by pwb2103, Aug 4, 2010.

1. pwb2103 macrumors member

Somehow jailbreaking with jailbreakme.com seems to kill jotnot pro on the iphone 4. When trying to access documents inside the program (or right after taking a new picture) it gives me an error that says: No internet connection. A connection is needed to use this feature. Please check your network connection and try again.

Hard restarts don't solve the problem and I've confirmed that my connection is fine. I also tried it on a jailbreakme.com jailbroken iphone 3g and didn't have the problem.

The developer is looking into the problem, but has anyone else experienced this? any ideas?

2. billchase2 macrumors 68000

billchase2

Well shoot... same issue here. I hadn't tried the app since jailbreaking. Hopefully there's a fix soon.

In the meantime, check out Genius Scan. It's a similar product and is currently free. May work for you until Jotnot is fixed.

3. james92se macrumors 6502a

Same here. I hadn't thought to use it since the jailbreak but I get the same error message

I don't use JotNot much but hopefully it's fixed soon

4. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

Same on my 3GS jailbroken with PwnageTool. It's strange, because internet is working fine on all other apps. I'll have a look inside the app and see if I can see anything in the configuration.

5. dieburnbot macrumors 6502a

dieburnbot

I'm having the same problem. That kind of sucks because I really like that app.

I emailed them and they got back to me.

"It sounds like you're running the jailbreak for the new iPhone. *This doesn't play nicely with JotNot. *At some point in the future we will try to take a look at what's causing the issue. *Best, Alec"

Looks like they are aware of it and hopefully they are working on it.

Genius Scan is ok to use in the meantime, but it's nowhere near as good as JotNot Pro. I just "scanned" a magazine page with Genius and it just cropped for me. Jotnot has some crazy processing beyond that.

6. dieburnbot macrumors 6502a

dieburnbot

Not busted anymore!!

Mobile Substrate update on Cydia fixed it. :) update was just released a little while ago.

7. sfenton83 macrumors newbie

2nd confirmation

This was making me almost give up my jailbreak - thank god it got fixed.

8. billchase2 macrumors 68000

billchase2