Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dualvansmommy

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 31, 2014
So I'm looking for a journaling app and came across this app called Five Minute Journal. It seems little bit too simplic for my needs, but what do I know though as journalling is new to me.

Should i consider note apps more, like Notability, Goodnotes, etc?

Anyone who Journal; what do you use?

stephenschimpf

macrumors regular
Jun 15, 2018
San Pedro, CA
Do yourself a huge favor and look at Day One. It's the gold standard of journaling apps. I've got about 2,000 entries in Day One. There are both iOS and macOS versions, and you get both with a subscription. The company is constantly making improvements, and the app has gotten better and better with time. When I find a bug or have a suggestion, I contact the company and usually get a reply within a few hours, if not sooner.

I do use GoodNotes for drawing, transcribing, and translating ancient Egyptian hieroglyphic texts, and it's fantastic, but I certainly wouldn't use a note-taking app for journaling. Day One is a dedicated journaling app. You can geotag your entries so you can see where you were on a map, and the app adds the temperature, other weather details, lunar phase to your entry. Things that you won't get with a note-taking app.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.