Journey to a Job App.

Discussion in 'Apple, Inc and Tech Industry' started by SystemGlitch, Aug 26, 2008.

1. SystemGlitch macrumors newbie

Alright I understand that there are a million people better suited to work at the apple store and competition is fierce and that is completely understood...but is there any advice for going for the job?

2. blue2noise macrumors regular

Why not try and be a chef even though you dont know how to cook? If you want to do anything tech you better start messing with all platforms. No one is going to give you "financial backing" to learn a Mac. I can bet there is not one PC anywhere to be found at Apple HQ.

What you know is the end user side, which has absolutely nothing to do with what happens at Apple behind the scenes. Loving the Ipod Touch is not a qualification for a job.

3. mcdj macrumors G3

mcdj

Well if your ability to find the right place to post your questions is anything like your retail abilities, you might consider another line of work. :) This is the App Store forum, as in iPhone/Touch APPlications Store on iTunes. Not the APPly to work in an Apple Store forum. You do know about the App Store, yes?

As for being "versed in the ins and outs of the ipod touch as well as the ipod classic and the nano though they don't really vary in data too much"...better keep that line of thought to yourself if you do land an interview at an Apple Store. It pretty much makes no sense.

To work at an Apple store you absolutely need to know at least the basics of their computers. I would venture to say that few if any of their floor salespeople do not own a Mac computer. Owning a Touch is great, but is does not qualify you to sell computers.