Joystick problem. Need help

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by knobtwiddler, Oct 30, 2007.

1. knobtwiddler macrumors regular

knobtwiddler

I just bought an adapter for plugging my ps2 controller into the usb port so I could use it with my emulators. It worked fine the first time but after that, the controller is unresponsive. Even wen I try to configure the joystick controls in the emulator preferences, nothing works. I downloaded a driver from the manufacturer's site but when installing an error always occurred. Any suggestions?

2. gman901 macrumors 6502a

try installing ControlMK and see if that works for you!(for windows)

3. knobtwiddler thread starter macrumors regular

knobtwiddler

4. gers84 macrumors member

to be fair you could have been using boot camp

i didn;t think you could get a ps2 emulation on osx

5. aidanpendragon macrumors 6502a

Computer, OS, etc.? If these are Bannister-ported emus (Nestopia, etc.), do you have Emulator Enhancer downloaded & installed in the right place? (it's needed for joypad support).

6. Eric5h5 macrumors 68020

Nobody said anything about PS2 emulation.

Anyway, if it worked once then obviously it should continue to do so...kind of a lame suggestion, but maybe a restart would sort it out?

--Eric

7. knobtwiddler thread starter macrumors regular

knobtwiddler

naw, my emulator is for sea genesis. It's just a usb adapter so i can play all my games with a ps2 controller. Yes, I've tried restarting, unplugging the thing, etc, etc. And I do have the emulation enhancer thing in the correct folder in the library. I guess I could try throwing away all that stuff and reinstalling it. we'll see.

8. aidanpendragon macrumors 6502a

Is the adaptor compatible with a PS2 controller? I have one that works with a PS1 controller but might not with a PS2 (don't they have some differences?)