JPEGDeux like application

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by seamuskrat, Jul 21, 2011.

1. seamuskrat, Jul 21, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2011

seamuskrat macrumors 6502a

seamuskrat

After upgrading to Lion I had a few app casualties. None too bad, most I just was lazy about updating.

One in particular I miss was JPEGDeux. It was a simple slide shower app.

It has a nice feature of scaning folders recursively, randomizing and displaying a full screen auto slide show of just the readable images from a series of folders.

I found it a quick way to quickly search for pictures that had little proper naming and without putting into iPhoto or similar database.

I have a ton of traing photos for work that are from 10 years worth of work of others. None are labeled and I don't want them in my personal library. Nothing like seeing a chemistry beaker next to your kids birthday party on the AppleTV slide show.

Bottomline I am looking for a simple slide show program, that can scan a folder recursively and disregard non photo files, and display full screen.

I don't need/want to organize them, edit them.

I have tried a bunch of presentation apps but none do the scan of nested folders or randomized images.

The JPEGDeux app has been abandoned for many years but did its job well.

Any suggestions of something similar in function that is not bloated with extra features?

2. Damfino, Sep 5, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2011

Damfino macrumors newbie

I am also trying to find a replacement for this great slideshow program. It does everything I need.

I posted a similar request in the Macworld forum but haven't been given any suggestions. Very disappointing! :(

For the moment I am just using Quick Look as a simple slideshow, but I would rather someone take over the open source JPEGDeux project and bring it up to date.

Please update this thread if you have found something similar.

-Rodney

3. obafgkm macrumors member

I'd Love to Have a JPEGDeux Replacement Too!

Or any slideshow program that could randomize a directory or directories, and could play the slideshow of images either in just a window or full-screen (user's choice).

4. Fred Duck macrumors newbie