jQuery Lightbox with Lots of Content

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by SChaput, Sep 20, 2010.

1. SChaput macrumors regular

Hello,

Currently I'm trying to establish a lightbox technique on my site. My site consists of a series of posts that are user generated where they are able to upload photos, and some text to accompany the photo. I would like to have the users the ability to click a certain link of the post and then a lightbox is displayed, with the same information, as well as some more information, all which will be pulled from my mysql database. This is basically the look that I am going for:

http://localhostr.com/files/9c6e11/help.png

I have looked around at certain lightbox plugings such as thickbox and the original jquery lightbox plugin. All of which, seem to use the title attribute to set a caption. But none are able to support the kind of text I want to put on it.

What are my options here, is a lightbox my best bet, or should i choose a different route?

Thanks for the help!

2. manueld macrumors 6502

fancybox or thickbox can do what you need as it supports various types of content.

3. ezkimo macrumors regular

You could use fancybox (I steer clear of thickbox, it's no longer maintained) and use it to show an iframe that pulls the appropriate information from the database. Shouldn't bee too complicated, you can pass a variable to the iframe that is unique so you know what to get from the database.