Jsut a quick followup

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by BadgerMac, Sep 14, 2007.

1. BadgerMac macrumors regular

A new rep from Exec. Services called me today and was very cordial on the phone. He's going to monitor the repair and keep in touch with me. If this machine comes back with no other issues i"ll be a very happy camper.

Ironically he has a number based out of CA and my DB's number was from their Houston offices.

2. cobravap macrumors regular

Dont mean to sound like an ass, but shouldnt this be on your first thread?

P.s. I just read it before your update here, and im happy they are helping you out. I would be pissed as hell if i was in your boat. Hopefull all will turn out well.

3. BadgerMac thread starter macrumors regular

I would have posted but they closed the previous thread due to that kid trolling.

EDIT: Original Thread here.

4. BadgerMac thread starter macrumors regular

Well got the machine back after being in the shop. They replaced "DSPL HOOK ASSY" for both left and right and did a "REALIGH:ADJUSTMENT PERFORMED". Came back looking in pristine shape, no scratches, all is well.

Now, last night, and now 3 times today the machine has emitted a very faint pop and just powered off. I'm jinxed!

5. antibact1 macrumors 6502

I'm guessing karma

6. GavinTing macrumors 6502

GavinTing

Hope your new rep gives you a new replacement soon... :eek:

7. BadgerMac thread starter macrumors regular

Could be. Ya never know!

8. BadgerMac thread starter macrumors regular

I'm not even near needing that now. This has become farcical and I'm curious to see if it goes into the retail store or to depot again. I've got a stack of paperwork on this thing a mile deep now. I dont' htink they'll replace mostly due to the fact that I got this thing for over 50% off on a deal (with some conditions). That would be a big hit to their books, and since many of the folks at the store are friends I don't want them to have that happen.

9. BadgerMac thread starter macrumors regular

Old story but new news. My claim with the BBB got the attention of someone else and the process to replace this machine has begun. Since the last store visit and return the top casing has begun to warp and the mouse button on the track pad lost responsiveness on the right side. Apparently Apple find had enough of me and is sending me a new base model 17".