juddery graphics

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by theGAPkid, Dec 9, 2010.

1. theGAPkid macrumors regular

Hi, I'm having trouble with my late-2010 MBP with rgds to its graphics.

For example, viewing video, it is always juddery. The sound is fine, just odd video playback. Youtube seems to be the only site that isn't affected.

Is something out of date? Is there something I should download?

2. HLdan macrumors 603

HLdan

First, what do you mean by RGDS to it's graphics? Secondly, we need more info from you. If YouTube is fine then what videos are you having problems viewing?

3. dusk007 macrumors 68040

dusk007

Try switching to Nvidia only. Intel GPU drivers suck and sometimes die dynamic switching doesn't work too well even though the 330M is running (it has to be with external monitor) it still is juttery but nvidia only worked for me.

Youtube in Flash or the crappy HTML5 Version.

Sometimes something goes weird with the GPU switching. If that ain't it I don't know. Here HTML5 in Chrome is simply a transparent box maybe because of Flashblock who knows. It also takes for ever to open some mkv files that used to be no problem didn't work at all with VLC 1.05. If VLC stops working it gets really odd. VLC almost never failed me in Windows and in OSX I just love the gui with horizontal scrolling to fast forward and back. Quicktime sucks.

4. theGAPkid thread starter macrumors regular

Sorry, I didn't explain very well!

Viewing video online; BBC iPlayer content & ITV content is what I have problems with. I'm not sure what format I'm viewing YouTube videos in.

5. mark28 macrumors 68000

BBC iPlayer uses flash, so maybe try update Flash. There is also a 10.2 beta for you to try out if the update didn't fix it :)

6. theGAPkid thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks, I'll try that and see what happens! :)