Judge my photos Of Toronto!

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by gullaa, Jun 27, 2008.

1. gullaa macrumors member

gullaa

Hey guys looking for some opinions for my recent photos of toronto, and also can anyone suggest a good affordable zoom lense with a maximum zoom of no less the 250MM, i have a Canon Rebel XTI

here is the link.. http://www.flickr.com/photos/27570221@N04/

2. richard.mac macrumors 603

richard.mac

nice! sorry im not a professional photographer and dont even own a camera so i cant give you any advice.

can you link the skyline panarama in HD by any chance? like with a vertical resolution of over 720 pixels… preferably 1080? i want to use it as a dual screen desktop on my MacBook Pro and Cinema Display, both of which have a vertical resolution of over 720 pixels.

3. gullaa thread starter macrumors member

gullaa

What is the file name on top of the photo...i have like 5 pans of the skyline..lol

4. ButtUglyJeff macrumors 6502a

ButtUglyJeff

I love Toronto. Did you take those from the ferry or the island? And what are the odds of a cool sail ship being there for you to get in the mix?

5. richard.mac macrumors 603

richard.mac

whoops! sorry "pantoronto3"

6. gullaa thread starter macrumors member

gullaa

7. AlaskaMoose macrumors 65816

You have done a wonderful job with your XTi. High-caliber images, in my view. Congratulations.

8. flinch13 macrumors regular

It's just amazing what you can do with a prosumer camera nowadays. Nice work!

9. panosg77 macrumors newbie

10. gullaa thread starter macrumors member

gullaa

wow guys, thanks for the positive feedback, but don't you think some pictures look a little over exposed, and dull. the only pics i am happy with are the HDR's, which i wish i didn't have to edit to get a result like that.

11. anubis macrumors 6502a

Good pictures... The only thing I would say is that the colors in many of the pictures are somewhat flat and washed out (I realize that is because the weather was likely cloudy and drab). I'd recommend doing some color adjustments in Aperture or Lightroom to deepen the colors and make them a little more bold. Other than a little needed post-production work, good job!

12. gullaa thread starter macrumors member

gullaa

yea it was cloudy that night, but that you for all the feedback, would anyone be able to recommend me a god but affordable zoom lense?

13. snberk103 macrumors 603

Nice photos - its been awhile since I've been to TO. I like img_0001 (tail-light trails) - it has a quiet simplicity to it.

Regarding your zoom, go visit Vistek - they have a store there. If you can't find something there...... Jealous here, as I live in Vancouver - not a Vistek in sight. Toronto, 2 stores. Alberta, 3 stores. Even Ottawa has a store! sigh.

14. jwt macrumors 6502

The panoramas seem unlevel. I'd adjust the shorelines to be parallel with the bottom edge of the photos. Also, I'm not a big fan of HDRs that have halos. They look overdone and unrealistic to me. My $0.02.