Juice lost in 30 minutes of outdoor use

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Ultra AleM, Jun 25, 2015.

1. Ultra AleM macrumors 6502a

Ultra AleM

Hello everyone! I wanted to know how much percentage of battery you usually lose with 30 minutes of outdoor screen usage (maximum brightness and 3G). My iPhone 5 lost 20% (from 100 to 80) in that condition. Is it normal? My signal was good (4/5). I think it's definitely a problem. Thanks a lot.

2. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

Screen at full brightness for 30 minutes for a iPhone 5 is not that far out. If in doubt take it to an Apple store and they will diagnose. Might be time for a new battery

3. Ultra AleM thread starter macrumors 6502a

Ultra AleM

Thanks for your reply. My battery has been replaced in November. It should be in excellent conditions (around 250 cycles). Couldn't it be a software problem? Thanks.

4. WilliamG macrumors 604

Max brightness is a battery killer, and if you were surfing the Internet on 3G as well, 20% is not out of the realm of possibility.

5. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

The screen uses more power than any other piece of hardware in your phone and if you have it a MAX it will take it toll on the battery.

6. C DM macrumors Westmere

On top of it all it depends on how good the signal was, what you were doing on the phone, what else might have been running in the background and/or had notifications come in, etc., etc., etc.

7. slippery-pete macrumors 65816

slippery-pete

Not normal. Head to apple Store ASAP. Ask for a manager

8. niji macrumors 6502a

niji

if this occurred recently can we assume the outside ambient temperature was above 20 degrees C?

but even if it was warm outside, going from 100% to 85% takes about 45 minutes on my iPhone 5.

but then when it hits about 50% the pace of the drop occurs much faster.

iPhone 5's are on their last legs.