Juice Pack Air for ITouch?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by LekaLeka, Aug 18, 2009.

1. LekaLeka macrumors newbie

Will the Juice Pack Air for the iPhone by Mophie work with the iTouch?

2. sushi Moderator emeritus

sushi

I believe that you will be able to connect it.

However, the iPod touch and the iPhone have different shapes. So it will not fit snugly on the iPod touch.

3. LekaLeka thread starter macrumors newbie

Anyone else on any ideas on this case for the itouch?

4. sushi Moderator emeritus

sushi

I would suggest that you check out their web site.

Products for:
    It clearly shows that the Juice Pack is available for both the iPhone 3G/3GS and the iPod touch (1st and 2nd Gen). It also shows that the Juice Pack Air is only available for the iPhone 3G/3GS.

5. LekaLeka thread starter macrumors newbie

The reason I asked about the juice pack air is because it i a full case with battery and the juice pack for the touch does not cover the whole touch and is bulky.

6. sushi Moderator emeritus

sushi

If you really want to use the Juice Pack Air with your iPod touch, then you could probably put some stuffing between the case and the touch to make it fit.

Bear in mind, that the touch is not only thinner, but shorter than the iPhone.

Dimensions:

- iPod touch --> 4.3" x 2.4" x 0.33"

- iPhone --> 4.5" x 2.4" x 0.48"

So there is a height difference of 0.2" and a thickness difference of 0.15" that results in a volume difference of 1.78 cu inches which is quite a bit considering the size that we're talking about.

To put that in perspective, the volume difference between the iPod touch and the iPhone is about half of the volume of the iPod touch itself. So I think that it will be hard to make it work. YMMV.

What about an external battery pack from a different vendor such as Richard Solo?

7. LekaLeka thread starter macrumors newbie

The problem with the Solo and like batteries is that the stick out from the bottom of the Ipod. I am looking for less bulk and something easier to carry around. So a case that has a built-in battery would work better for me.