Juice pack for touch...

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by jakfrost, Jun 5, 2008.

1. jakfrost macrumors member

Just a note for anyone thinking of purchasing some form of battery extender for their 'touch, iphone,' etc. I received my 'Juice Pack' from 'Mophie' ( $99.95 + $20.00 shipping + $17.00 handling ) and will hopefully be able to send it back and get some of my money back...I should know tomorrow.

Why the warning?

First, in order to 'slide' the touch 'easily' into the juice pack you must use so much force that it threatens to fracture the screen...I only managed to get it all the way in once and then almost couldn't get it back out :( .

Second, there is NO accommodation for the headphone jack on the bottom of the touch :confused: . DUH, I bought the darn thing so I could watch a movie without having to charge the touch before the movie ended...OK, I could WATCH the movie but my lip reading skills need brushing up, :mad:.

So be forewarned, my loss might save you some aggravation...just saying...

Jim

2. TimJim macrumors 6502a

That product is for the iPhone only. On the site, if you go under products for the iPod Touch is doesn't have the Juice Pack thing.

3. davidy macrumors 6502

davidy

4. jakfrost thread starter macrumors member

Hmmm, I followed a link:
    http://www.mophie.com/search?q=touch+battery

in an earlier thread while using 'search' to find a good source of battery help for my touch, it took me to the mophie page where it says " works with iphone" I assumed it meant it 'also works with iphone'...not 'only works with iphone' :(.

My fault for not confirming with the manufacturer prior to ordering...:eek:.

Oh well, maybe I'll keep it and when the iPhone is available here in Canada I'll have another reason to get one :D.

Jim

5. Arisian macrumors 68000

Arisian

my two cents

Hey gents,

I hope I can shed some... experience on this subject. I LIVE in a similar situation to the OP. I travel between America and China on business around 4-7 times a year and then travel to remote parts of China while I am there. I needed something that would charge my IPT while doing so.

I was about to drop some cash on some other external batteries when I came across this (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000GBN42E). My thoughts were, "For $55, I can afford to take this risk and see how well it works." The other options were upwards of $100. I purchased this and I could not be more happy. Also, I have several electrical engineers look at the specs on such products like the geekpod, etc... they all said that there is a chance for a huge discharge that could blow your investment up. thats true of everything, but I have a feeling APC has a little bit more... ability to replace a product they blew up than that weird, slow-talking, guitar-propping, long-winded, over-annunciating *cough* nerd *cough* over at geekpods (http://www.batterygeek.net/).

On one charge of this battery, I charged my IPT 3x fully and even had enough to give my wife's 5g ipod video some power. Plus, this thing is REALLY REALLY small.

I hope that helps someone. for the price, you could probably afford to buy two of them.

Arisian

6. ratz macrumors newbie

Juice Pack for the iPod Touch is coming

I contacted Morphie and asked them if there would be a Juice Pack for the Touch and they emailed me back saying they were developing one for the Touch and it should be ready towards the end of June. When they say ready I don't know if that means that's when it will be shipping or just when it should be announced?

The Juice Pack for the iPhone definitely is not for the Touch.