JuicePack Air users chime in

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by phifer8390, Jul 5, 2009.

1. phifer8390 macrumors member

I am interested in getting the JuicePack Air to use with my iPhone 3Gs and I would like to get opinions from people using them. I have talked with one person who loved it, but forgot to ask if he used a shield. I have a full body shield from invisible shield. I am curious if it will still slide into the case or if this is a show stopper. All feedback is welcome. Thanks

2. PQTrojan macrumors newbie

I have the juicepack air and used it on both 3G and 3GS. It does provide a decent amount of power. I can get probably 70-90% from a fully charge juicepack air on 3G model. 3GS i get around 50-70%. I do stuff while it's charging so it affects how much I can get out of it. 3GS has a larger battery than the 3G so that is why there is a difference in percentage.

There is one significant problem I have with it and others as well. It does lower your signal strength. At home I simply can't use the air. Of course your result will vary. If signal strength is a problem at your area then I would recommend getting the regular juicepack. I had that and it worked great and provides more power than the air model.

Sorry never used a shield so I can't help you with your other question.

Also no I'm not nuts for buying both models. I was a mophie contest winner and got a free juicepack last year but wanted an air when they announced it months later.

3. spaceballl macrumors 68030

spaceballl

I'm going to pick one of these up... what is better? the juice pack or juice pack air?

4. spaceballl macrumors 68030

spaceballl

please clarify

5. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

The top slide-in section is so easy to break. Mine simply crumpled in my hand as I tried to remove it. It's so thin on the top that it's even quite difficult to remove when the phone isn't in it.

6. spaceballl macrumors 68030

spaceballl

Yep I read that - so given that, should i get the first juice pack? Or should I get a different product?

7. threezero macrumors 6502

^^^ do you need a case solution?

if you usually rock the phone naked of course the og morphie will be better as you can take it on and off on the go.

However if you are anal abt keeping the phone pristine and its in a case all the time just go with the juice air. the top piece while a little flimsy isn't as easy to break as most ppl make it out to be .

just be careful with it like any other gadget

8. Megalobyte macrumors 6502a

Since both the air and incase powerslider reduce signal strength, if that's acceptable to you, the incase seems to offer more protection, and it literally doubles battery life. It would be the ultimate case and accessory if it didn't kill 3g reception.

9. fredf macrumors 6502

10. iMrNiceGuy0023 macrumors 68000

11. PQTrojan macrumors newbie

As mentioned in a previous post I own both mophie cases and it's hard to say one is better than the other. It depends on what you look for in a case. If protection is your top priority and you don't mind taking a hit on signal reception go with the air. If you care only for extra power and take great care of your phone go with the regular mophie.

Also while the air is thinner than the regular mophie it still adds a bit of bulk.

12. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

I have the Air and I like it. I carry it around using a HTC leather pouch. Fits good.

I would agree with the top being fragile. Mine broke being in the laptop bag (the little piece that goes around the sleep button). A new one cost me $8 plus $8 shipping. When I use it around the house I just leave it off, you don't need the top part anyway.

I like it because it is the least bulky of the options.

13. AustinSTI macrumors 6502

Oddly Mophie's website FAQ says the Air isn't supposed to impact signal strength...anyone taken it up with them?

14. Ronnoco macrumors 68030

Ronnoco

I have read about problems with the MJPA top but mine slides on and off very easily...:confused:
    It IS a bit tricky to get the top on without the phone in it though...
    All in all I like the MJPA very much as it seems to be by far the thinnest of the case/power combos that I have seen (easily pocketable IMO)....good protection (dropped my 3GS on the street from my pocket getting out of the car and it landed right on the top right corner by the power button. Not a mark on the 3GS and just a small scratch on the MJPA...it worked very very well as a protective case IMO) and pretty good power as it will fully charge my iPhone if I do not use it while it is charging with about a 1/4 charge still in reserve and go about 80% if I am using it while charging...I really like the standby button as well. I have a black 16gb 3GS and purchased the black MJPA (I like the glossy finish but anal users that hate finger prints may not)...I haven't noticed a signal problem but ATT 3G is VERY strong in my area of Southern Cal Coastal...

15. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

I haven't noticed any signal issues while using the Juicepack.