Juicy Story (iphone4 hacked by gf's ex-boyfriend)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by browsercat, May 4, 2011.

1. browsercat, May 4, 2011
    Last edited: May 4, 2011

browsercat macrumors newbie

I have reason to believe my iphone4 has been hacked by my gf's ex-boyfriend, who is also a longtime friend of mine.

they dated a long time ago, he since been in a long term relationship with my current gf's ex-bff (they started dating only weeks after my gf and my friend broke up) :confused: iknw

Anyways, i was at dinner last night with my gf when she received a call from my phone, i assumed that i had butt dialed her, but as i combed through my various pockets it became evident to me that i had left my phone in my car.

When I retrieved my phone, which had been sitting innocently in my cars cup holder, I noticed that I had several dialed calls, incoming txts and missed calls to and from a number I did not recognize.

I found it quite perplexing :confused:. I showed the number to my gf, on the off chance she'd recognized it, seeing it was a local number...she did of course, it was the number of her most recent ex-bf, a firend of my "friend".

It was puzzleing, but then I remembered that my "friend" had been lurking my phone earlyer that day under the premise that he would find me a couple of apps I would like ( he has an iphone as well).

So that's the story, i guess my question would be how would it be possible for my phone to dial numbers by itself? also how is it possible for it to dial "random" numbers that aren't on my contact list?

My phone continues to do it at random times, usually it'll make several calls at the same time, sometimes the calls show up on the calling log, other times they don't

So what do you think, do I have the right to punch this kid in the face?

2. dault2 macrumors member

3. browsercat thread starter macrumors newbie

I have jailbroken my phone in the past, but recently updated it and therefore do not have cydia at the moment. I knw my friend phone is jailbroken

4. Dav1 macrumors 6502

Don't you love people that can't answer a simple question, with a yes or no?

That can't figure out what area of the forum to post their question in?

This area is suppose to be about/for iPads.....

If your iPhone is not jailbroken then it is very unlikely to have been hacked. While having Cydia, on it would indicate that it is jailbroken, not having Cydia on it indicates nothing about it's jailbroken status.