Juicy Story

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by browsercat, May 4, 2011.

1. browsercat macrumors newbie

I have reason to believe my iphone4 has been hacked by my gf's ex-boyfriend, who is also a longtime friend of mine.

they dated a long time ago, he since been in a long term relationship with my current gf's ex-bff (they started dating only weeks after my gf and my friend broke up) :confused: iknw

Anyways, i was at dinner last night with my gf when she received a call from my phone, i assumed that i had butt dialed her, but as i combed through my various pockets it became evident to me that i had left my phone in my car.

When I retrieved my phone, which had been sitting innocently in my cars cup holder, I noticed that I had several dialed calls, incoming txts and missed calls to and from a number I did not recognize.

I found it quite perplexing :confused:. I showed the number to my gf, on the off chance she'd recognized it, seeing it was a local number...she did of course, it was the number of her most recent ex-bf, a firend of my "friend".

It was puzzleing, but then I remembered that my "friend" had been lurking my phone earlyer that day under the premise that he would find me a couple of apps I would like ( he has an iphone as well).

So that's the story, i guess my question would be how would it be possible for my phone to dial numbers by itself? also how is it possible for it to dial "random" numbers that aren't on my contact list?

My phone continues to do it at random times, usually it'll make several calls at the same time, sometimes the calls show up on the calling log, other times they don't

So what do you think, do I have the right to punch this kid in the face?

also I have jailbroken my phone in the past, but recently updated it and therefore do not have cydia at the moment. I knw my friend phone is jailbroken

2. SL4VE macrumors 6502

violence will make you feel better so its alwaysa good start, but you cant let this happen, you really need to restore your phone or get to the root of the issue if it doesnt wipe the "hack" with a restore

3. lannim macrumors member

4. Goldinboy17 macrumors 65816

Goldinboy17

How is Caller ID faker relevent? His phone made the calls and even had them logged. With Caller ID faker you can change your number but there's no way whatsoever to show the outgoing call on the persons phone number that you used. This sounds odd and I'm not sure in the least how it's possible. The easiest solution would be to restore your phone as new.

5. maclaptop macrumors 65816

maclaptop

6. kuebby macrumors 68000

kuebby

Definitely do a restore, it's real easy and should solve any problems.

A very weird situation though because I don't think it's possible to make calls remotely from your physical phone, that doesn't really make sense since something that fakes the CallerID really does just put in a number of the user's choice, it's not really calling from that number.

7. jvmxtra macrumors 65816

jvmxtra

I would just make sure your car gets locked when you get out from it.

8. iAmYou macrumors 6502

iAmYou

And all this Time, I thought the Jerry Springer shows were staged.

9. Apple 26.2 Contributor

Apple 26.2

Your g/f's ex is a long time friend? Ain't that... a bit... awkward?

Anyways, someone got physical hold of your phone... do a restore and make sure to keep it with you.

10. romeo0119 macrumors 6502

Lol dont ever date ur friend ex, prob solved.

11. boss.king macrumors 68040

boss.king

Call the police. The dude is obviously kinda crazy if he waits to use your phone when you forget it in a car. Sounds stalkerish.

12. Aloha-boy macrumors newbie

Is it possible he has a duplicate of your SIM card?

13. Goldinboy17 macrumors 65816

Goldinboy17

A phone number can't be shared with two SIM cards. When you activate a SIM card with a number any other using it is automatically deactivated.

14. dccorona macrumors 68020

dccorona

that wouldnt change the call logs on the actual phone itself

15. lsvtecjohn3 macrumors 6502a

16. romeo0119 macrumors 6502

Not if ur James Bond....I saw him do it I swear....

17. Givmeabrek macrumors 68030

Givmeabrek

Tell them all to drop dead and get a new GF. Problem solved. :)

18. maclaptop macrumors 65816

maclaptop

And there's Nothing Juicy about it...

19. lannim macrumors member

I misunderstood :(

20. b166er macrumors 68020

b166er

If by juicy you meant "high school" you totally nailed it!

21. SideStepSociety macrumors 6502

SideStepSociety

Unless your phone is jailbroken, I'm not sure this is even possible.

I suppose it could be some sort of massive weird bug/glitch.

But mostly, reading your story gave me a headache. :)

22. molala macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (iPhone; Opera Mini/5.0.019802/24.816; U; en) Presto/2.5.25 Version/10.54)

+1

But I hope you sort out your phone.

23. jdminpdx macrumors 6502

24. racedude macrumors member

This is probably unlikely but is there a chance you have bluetooth on? He could have paired your phone with a bluetooth device that could be making these phone calls, but not sure if it's possible to send text messages as well. I would definitely completely restore your phone to stock, and don't restore from a backup just to be fresh and sure. If somehow it's still happening, try calling your carrier and requesting to change your phone number, as possibly he may be using a fake caller-id service as well in addition to some type of bluetooth device? Also, I'd advise to keep your phone with you at all time for the next couple of days to see what's going on with the phone when these "calls" are made.

25. macingman macrumors 68020

macingman

Why would he have a reason to hack the phone? You need to ask yourself that before you point blame.

Also to fix your current predicament, restore as new and if the problem still exists get a new phone number (or a restraining order from your "friend" :p)