July 11th: Just an iPhone...I don't think so...

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by RAMz, Jun 15, 2008.

1. RAMz macrumors newbie

I have a feeling that on July 11th, there will be more released than just an iPhone.

If you look in the buyer's guide, a lot of products need to be updated.

Anybody agree here?

I think we may see some changes to the iPod, Mac Mini, Cinema Display, and maybe more.

2. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

September is iPod month, there won't be Cinema Displays, and the Mini is dying.

3. Slip macrumors 6502a

Slip

I don't really see the need to steal the iPhone's glory on it's release. You've seen how the tech media loves Apple, they'll have a separate event for any new releases. :)

4. stagi macrumors 65816

stagi

No way, they will want as much press for the iPhone, maybe some announcement for a special event coming in August or Sept?

5. ipodtouchy333 macrumors 65816

6. ButtUglyJeff macrumors 6502a

ButtUglyJeff

The Mac Mini or the ACD might get a "quiet update", but iPods almost always get the big update in the Fall, just before the Christmas shopping season.

I'm hoping for an ACD update, and find myself checking Apple.com almost every day.............

7. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

Umm...no?

If they were going to release a bunch of new computers, they would have done them at WWDC for the sake of "Back to School"

iPods = Fall

Cinema Displays - aren't going to be updated until people stop buying them... don't fix what's broken

Apple TV - haha...

and yes, second & third the "don't take attention away from the iPhone"

the Apple Store's are going to be packed, remember that new little activation in the store idea is going to mean tons more people are stuck in the Apple Store, as opposed to last year, where one went in, one went out.

But IDN...maybe the Powerbook G5 is coming!!!

8. darklyt macrumors regular

I hope what you mean is: don't fix what's not broken. Otherwise we would have a lot of problems with things being broken and left to rot and working things constantly in the repair shop...

The only thing that could possibly announced on July 11th would be a 32 gig iPhone model. But that would probably get announced beforehand, so odds are slim anything is going else is going to be announced that week from Apple not directly relating to the iPhone models announced. There could be other products updated/announced between now and then, but silent bumps are the most likely.

9. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

And that's what happens when you stayed up for 12 hours watching a car race...