July 24th

Wild-Bill

macrumors 68030
Jan 10, 2007
2,538
611
bleep
I thought July 22nd is supposed to be D Day ?
I was under that impression too. However, the 29th has also been rumored as the day. Who knows.

My money is on the 22nd, as AMD just released their price cuts this Monday. The 22nd would make more sense.

One thing's for sure, I think the level of activity will die down in the Mac Pro forum when it gets updated and all of us "waiters" buy it. (Except for MM - he's waiting for SS :) )
 

Topper

macrumors 65816
Jun 17, 2007
1,186
0
I was under that impression too. However, the 29th has also been rumored as the day. Who knows.
My money is on the 22nd, as AMD just released their price cuts this Monday. The 22nd would make more sense.
One thing's for sure, I think the level of activity will die down in the Mac Pro forum when it gets updated and all of us "waiters" buy it. (Except for MM - he's waiting for SS :) )
I'd love it if you are right but I've got to go with MM on this one.
What is there to update the Mac Pros with on the 22nd (or 29th)?
My gut feeling is Apple will wait until there is something significantly better on the market for the Mac Pro.
To my way of thinking that would be Stoakley/Seaburg/Harpertown.
I want to be wrong about this. I want to see new Mac Pros at the end of July.
 

Umbongo

macrumors 601
Sep 14, 2006
4,931
54
England
I'd love it if you are right but I've got to go with MM on this one.
What is there to update the Mac Pros with on the 22nd (or 29th)?
My gut feeling is Apple will wait until there is something significantly better on the market for the Mac Pro.
To my way of thinking that would be Stoakley/Seaburg/Harpertown.
I want to be wrong about this. I want to see new Mac Pros at the end of July.
It's more to do with staying competative with Dell, HP and the other Workstation manufacturers.
 

SolidShadow

macrumors member
Jul 2, 2007
96
0
New Brunswick, Canada
If Intel significantly drops the price of their high end chips by the end of this month and Apple decides to keep prices the same without jumping to 8 core or offering an equitable upgrade, then the Mac Pro will be worth even less than what Apple's asking for it.
If that's the case, there's no way I'm buying a Mac pro.
I'll just hope the high end imac comes out sooner.
 

statikcat

macrumors 6502
Mar 20, 2007
263
0
Well you say Apple needs to immediately drop prices or upgrade processors to stay competitive.. that makes sense because after the price drop the parts in a Mac Pro will be worth around.. 600$ less or so. Big difference! The real question though is who fast to companies like Dell, HP (even tho not in direct competition I agree it is fair to compare) drop their prices when Intel slashes theirs?
 

suneohair

macrumors 68020
Aug 27, 2006
2,137
0
I won't be buying until they make a big update. By the end of the month, like someone else said the Mac Pro will be even more worthless than it currently is.