Jump Rope HR Accuracy

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by dgdosen, Jan 6, 2017.

1. dgdosen macrumors 65816

dgdosen

Anyone feel the Watch (S2) over counts HR when skipping rope? I rarely get above 140 riding or running - and jumping puts it to 160 and above... Only it doesn't feel like it.

Any one else feel the same way? I suppose I can try another HR monitor at the same time...
    --- Post Merged, Jan 6, 2017 ---
    Updating with info from comparison while exercising. I was already warmed up and put on my Suunto Ambit 2 with HR strap and did another couple hundred:

Right after finishing
    AW 152 bpm/Suunto 131 bpm

After a short rest:
    AW 104 bpm/Suunto 90 bpm

I'll try it again when completely at rest... I believe the Suunto because I wasn't breathing that hard, and I could easily carry on a conversation. In the 150's I'd be panting a bit more.

2. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

I would bet that your watch would have trouble with your HR while jumping. Mine has trouble when just walking sometimes.

3. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

Make sure you have the :apple:Watch on fairly tight. Dynamic movements can play hell on optical readings. If you want your :apple:Watch to give accurate HR readings then you will need to pair with a BT strap. Unfortunately your Suunto uses ANT+ so it won't work.

4. cmbauer macrumors regular

cmbauer

Or check out the Twelve South Action Sleeve. Its amazing. It basically turns the watch into a HRM around your bicep. I have been using for a week or so and the heart rate readings are amazingly accurate for Weight Lifting Cardio Crossfit etc etc.

5. aaplwatch macrumors member

Cool product. Too bad the readings on the watch have deteriorated to the point of being unusable. Just trash. I won't be upgrading if this isn't fixed.

6. RadioGaGa1984 Suspended

RadioGaGa1984

Lol mine haven't. Might wanna get it checked.

Also I've had no issue when jumping rope either. Just be sure to wear the watch high and tight. Hmm sounds like a haircut.

7. aaplwatch macrumors member

Arrrghhh! I've tried it all.