Jump to the end of a podcast?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by micsaund, Dec 5, 2007.

1. micsaund macrumors 6502

micsaund

I'm enjoying the new "keep unplayed" feature for podcasts on my Touch. It's nice to be able to plug into the computer to charge without having partially played stuff deleted like "keep new" did on my Mini.

Anyway, the one minor issue with this is that you have to let a podcast run through the very end before it's marked for auto-deletion. As you probably know, many podcasts have junk at the end which one may want to blast by without listening to (i.e. listener voice mails).

So, my question is how to make this happen most easily. I can tap and then slide the position bubble to the right side, but is there another way, like using the track-skip buttons (which otherwise don't seem to do anything for non-enhanced podcasts but sit next to the play/pause symbol)? Just curious - I know that sliding the position bubble isn't that hard, but maybe there's something else ;)

Thanks,
    Mike

P.S. That's one other thing I hope Apple improves: The position slider. It's VERY difficult to precisely move forward in a 1+ hour podcast using your relatively large finger on that tiny slider (which is only visible in vertical mode for podcasts).

2. RumMunkey macrumors 6502a

RumMunkey

All I can suggest here is that you use the scrubber bubble for jumping WAY ahead, but use the FFWD arrow for precise (shorter) positioning.

3. avaloncourt macrumors 65816

Unfortunately I don't have any better suggestion than this and I wish I did. I, too, find the running to end annoying and wish there was a way to easily get it to the very end. Using the scrubber I tend to get it right at the end and then it doesn't seem to know it's been played, doesn't delete on sync and tries playing from the beginning.