Jump Upgrade in Apple Store

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jrmines12, Sep 19, 2014.

1. jrmines12 macrumors newbie

Hey guys. Now that several people have upgraded to the new phones I'm hoping somebody can confirm this for me. I have heard multiple things when calling both T-mobile and Apple. Are you able to use your Jump upgrade at the Apple store? I have a line that I have had Jump on for 6+ months so it is definitely eligible to upgrade. I've just been told only T-Mobile stores can do the upgrade and then been told that Apple can do the upgrade. Has anybody successfully "Jump'd" at the Apple store yet?

Help guys! Just trying to get a definitive answer.

2. Mascots macrumors 65816

Mascots

I think it works the same way as AT&T Next customers:
    If you're opening a new line or upgrading a line that did not have Next (or Jump in your case), you can add the Next to your plan via the Apple Store.

However, if you're upgrading a Next line, you'll have to go to AT&T since you're required to trade in your existing phone which Apple lacks operations to do.

But this is really just based on what I collected from the net.

And assuming that Jump works like Next.

3. jrmines12 thread starter macrumors newbie

It definitely works like Next. They do require your existing phone back but from what I have heard they provide you with a return label to send your old phone back. However, after hearing this I was told that they do this for Next but don't support the Jump program from Tmobile. Really hoping somebody that reads this forum can say that they successfully completed their JUMP upgrade in the Apple store and then I'd be a bit more motivated to show up bright and early tomorrow and take my shot with the Apple store's latest shipment.

4. phpmaven macrumors 68040

phpmaven

I got mixed messages from Apple and T-Mobile about this before the launch, so I pre ordered on t-mobile.com (what a huge mistake that was) , but on launch day they told me in the Apple store you could do it.

You should go into the Apple store and confirm. The interesting thing at the Apple store I went to was, they didn't have any T-Mobile phones on launch day.