Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

viccbh

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 12, 2011
ok this story is going to be a face palmer for sure and its not one of my proudest moments. non the less i need help. so my buddy was leaving for the navy and had a party and i got wasted. came home and was on facebook and apparently passed out. i vomited quite a lot and just my luck my mid 2010 13 in macbook pro was showered. i was quickly sobered up by my 1100 dollar mistake and while still drunk tried to test it out. bad idea cause of shorts and what not but i was drunk so all logic went out the window. my keyboard works fine except for the back lighting which is dim everywhere except for like 3 keys which are quite bright. no biggie ill deal. no problems with the performance of the machine but the issue is the track pad. it has a mind of its own it jumps around and back clicks and high lights stuff with out me actually trying to do any of that. the track pad did that stuff before the accident but alot less i called apple tried to get answers but you know apple just kinda blew me off and i coped. but now its virtually useless...well more frustrating because it doesnt listen. so the real question is should i keep the external mouse im using or try to replace the whole pad because ive read its fairly easy and im quite inclined to do repairs i know my way around electronics. will replacing the pad fix it or is it something on the logic board? please help a brotha out

Last edited:

old-wiz

macrumors G3
Mar 26, 2008
West Suburban Boston Ma
Is this post a joke? Can you do paragraphs? The post is rather rambling and incoherent.

You barfed onto your Mac and now you want Apple to help you? The Apple warranty doesn't cover user misuse.

IIRC you can replace the topcase, but I wouldn't try it.

discounteggroll

macrumors 6502
Aug 6, 2006
Greenwich, CT
top case replacement is expensive, time consuming and not really worth it. If you can get someone who knows how to do the track pad and has them on hand I'd go that route. Where are you located?

viccbh

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 12, 2011
old-wiz said:
Is this post a joke? Can you do paragraphs? The post is rather rambling and incoherent.
im sorry im rambling to much for you

i should have never disrespected you by typing out a story that lead to my question.

my deepest apologies.

LOLOLOLOL

get over it.

i never said i want apple to help

I know this was my mistake.

not once did i say that i was trying to get it fixed under a warranty

i was simply asking will replacing the trackpad fix the problem or is there some sort or deeper issue

i hope the way i typed this makes it easier for you to read

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
You may get better response to your thread with this tip, as well as making your posts easier to read. Punctuation and paragraphs have a purpose. Use them if you want others to take your posts seriously.

viccbh

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 12, 2011
thanks guys im just a little on edge with a faulty 1100 dollar machine.
apologies for being edgy.
does anyone have an answer though? lol

AWallen90

macrumors 6502
Sep 15, 2009
It is difficult to answer because it could be a short on your track pad or a short on your logic board. Suggestion buy a new trackpad for $40 and if that doesn't fix the problem you know it's something on the board.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.