Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sunking101

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2013
Dear imagineadam

I have iphone 6 and I also have ing same battery falling problem 71 to 69 31 to 29 and so on
what is the solution
ples reply as soon as possible

----------

My ip 6 drops 71 to 69
What to do I m on ios 8.1.3

----------

Dear sunking please advice me what to do with battery fall 71 to 69

It's an iOS8 software bug and you can't do anything about it. Your battery is still lasting the same amount of time, it's just that the software updating the battery meter percentage reading is incorrectly coded/buggy.

Lara27

macrumors newbie
Feb 3, 2015
I have updated my ios that is now 8.1.3 ... And today I had like 20% then suddenly 9% , 4% and 2% .. In the same second as I plugged my phone in and it started charging, it showed 16% ?? Idk, is that just happening for no reason? I sometimes charge it on my computer, could that be wrong? I regret I didn't look at my "battery" app when it was 2%, maybe there was a different % ...

nordique

macrumors 68000
Oct 12, 2014
Did anyone try charging it to 100% then turning it off and back on right away?

I recall that worked wonders for the iPhone 4S on ios5, it was shown on several different forums at the time users found better battery life by doing that, not sure if that will help.

I didn't notice any difference myself, but I haven't made a log or looked at usage settings yet

Whatever this battery bug is, its a problem. Both my 5's have brand new batteries, yet I too experience this bug where the battery percent drops quickly

wrv369

macrumors newbie
Mar 20, 2015
My 5s went from 31% to cutting itself off and displaying the battery low image on the screen while out for a run. I had just looked at battery life since I was using the flashlight and then it cut off. Seems to me it's just a software issue with updating the % battery life left. Apple probably has other fixes higher on the list, ala anything security related...this is a nuisance but harmless.

Maximeed69

macrumors member
Mar 13, 2015
Hello people , i had the same issue on my iP 6 and the solution was easy : upgrade to the latest 8.2 version and calibrate the battery by using the phone till it goes off automaticly then charge it for around 4-5 hours and then press the power+home button until u see the apple logo this will help for sure it fixed mine :) good luck guys

sunking101

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2013
Hello people , i had the same issue on my iP 6 and the solution was easy : upgrade to the latest 8.2 version and calibrate the battery by using the phone till it goes off automaticly then charge it for around 4-5 hours and then press the power+home button until u see the apple logo this will help for sure it fixed mine :) good luck guys

My battery is perfectly calibrated. The jumps, such as 61 to 59% etc are to do with iOS8.

Maximeed69

macrumors member
Mar 13, 2015
My battery is perfectly calibrated. The jumps, such as 61 to 59% etc are to do with iOS8.

Not really i had this issue on my iP 5s from iOS 7 out of the box , calibrating the battery once again is always good it won't hurt you know , just give it a try it will give some results for sure . Restoring phone via iTunes as a new one does help aswell !

shathil

macrumors newbie
Oct 13, 2015
The actual capacity of a battery decreases as the battery ages through an irreversible fading process. This capacity loss occurs both with active use, correlated with charging cycles, and with inactivity through self-discharge. The device may even come with substandard batteries. However, the amount of loss is linear with time and accelerates with increasing temperature. Smartphones do not typically employ sophisticated techniques for estimating the usable capacity with the basic solution basing on simple charge cycle estimation and then using an offline calibrated lookup table to find the state of charge or battery level given the charge cycle.

Battery level or State of Charge (SOC) estimation in modern smartphones cannot capture the usable capacity of the battery run time, and thus have unreliable SOC estimation. This inaccuracy manifests as sudden jumps in the battery level, and can result in unexpected shutdown of the device.

Therefore, there are two issues; (1) The battery capacity is reduced, and (ii) The device is unable to estimate the capacity loss. The detail about this can be found in the following paper.

Page on acm.org Sudden Drop in the Battery Level? Understanding Smartphone State of Charge Anomaly.

This is a weird behavior I have noticed on my iPhone 5 since I upgraded to iOS 8.

My iPhone 5 will get stuck on 61% battery for 15 minutes and then jump down to 59%. When the battery was at 45%, I used the camera for maybe 30 seconds and then all the sudden the battery dropped down to 39%.

Another time it was at 5% for almost 40 minutes and then went down to 4% continuing to do so.

mhdena

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2009
Another reason why I'm glad I've left my 5 on ios 6.1.4 using it as an ipod, internet radio, watching Dish Network on Dish Anywhere, etc. My iphone 6 is still on 8.4. just got a 6s Plus this week still on 9.0 so far.

I'm a firm believer the ios a phone is born with is the best performing one for it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.