jumpy avi video in i-movie problem

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by LloydieDB9, Apr 11, 2007.

1. LloydieDB9 macrumors newbie

LloydieDB9

Hello all. (Sorry - realised this should go onto Digital recording. Still a newbie - forgive me)

I am trying to create a movie from a bunch of clips that are AVI's taken on a old Fuji digital camera. They are not huge clips (Max 2mb) and not great quality but when I am trying to edit them in i-movie, I can't watch it smoothly as they jump from section to section. Audio track is fine though.

When I save it as an MPEG file and play it back in quicktime, it works.:D

I am running a G4 466 AGP with OX 10.4, 1.2g ram ,10g + 128g hard drives. Project is stored on the 128gb. I am using a non branded LCD monitor using the vga output. Don't have a DVI yet and unlikely to until the LCD goes pop. Everything else works great with the lcd.

Can anyone give me any insight into this please?

Also, what is the best camcorder to capture and use with my mac. Quality does not need to be HD, just good enough for home vids/you tube/ podcasts blah blah.

Thanks

Lloydie

2. LloydieDB9 thread starter macrumors newbie

LloydieDB9

Solved it

Hello all.

Thanks to those that viewed the thread. :) I think I have solved it.:D

I was creating the project as an M-peg4 rather than DV. (Was worried about space as DV is 10 times more hungry) but started a new project with using DV as the format and it runs perfectly. The source video isn't brilliant anyway but it is as smooth as it should be. I did this whilst, i-Tunes, another i-Movie project (the jumpy one) and MS Word were open!! and it still played without the jumps.

I will probably have some quesitons later on as I am still a Mac newbie so thanks in advance. :apple:

Lloydie DB9