Jumpy Typing in Safari After 2.0

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by maclovin', Jul 12, 2008.

1. maclovin' macrumors regular

maclovin'

Has anyone else experienced this yet?? I was typing a reply to a different thread on this forum, and after every single character, the screen above the keyboard would jump all over the place. I'm pretty sure it's a new bug for 2.0, because I haven't noticed it until today, I hope they will fix this soon:(

2. Tork macrumors regular

Tork

Yeah I noticed this too, and not just on the MacRumors site. Really annoying...

3. SuperMacMan macrumors regular

SuperMacMan

Yes, same problem here.

Hopefully Apple is on this forum & hopefully releases 2.1 firmware to correct this bug.
    I also get a lot of Safari crashes, some apps randomly reboot my iPod Touch, and it is very unstable all round, no matter what app. Very painful.

SuperMacMan

4. stcanard macrumors 65816

stcanard

It's more than just jumpy on macrumuors, the entire keyboard has slowed down enough to be useless if this doesn't change I will have to revert.

5. stcanard macrumors 65816

stcanard

a fast note as soon as I deleted my exchange push account my email typing went back to normal speed. Apparently there is still some debugging required.

6. tucker61 macrumors regular

7. SuperMacMan macrumors regular

SuperMacMan

Yes, I was having the same problems, but since I turned 'Push' off, as I don't need it, typing has improved dramatically. Still slower than 1.1.4 Jailbroken, but better than with Push on.

Needs to be fixed soon!

8. ChazUK macrumors 603

ChazUK

Glad to hear it aint just me!

I was replying to a thread on a forum with my iPod Touch and as i typed it would seemingly pop back to the text field and back to the top of the page with each keypress. My typing speed hasnt slowed in any way tho.