June 08 MBP - Screen scorch marks

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ScottC2105, Apr 10, 2009.

1. ScottC2105 macrumors member

A couple of days ago I noticed a line like and L on my screen. It is a whitish color - sort of like when you gently press on a computer LCD.

Well, I noticed it looks like a scorch mark of sorts on my screen in the shape of 4 or 5 keys. Googling this only found one thread saying if you close your MBP while it is still hot can create scorch marks of the keyboard on the screen. This is JUST what it looks like. I am a bit upset and angry because I take very good care of my MBP and this shouldn't happen to any computer.

(On the day this happened I was doing video editing and playing video games - so it would of been hot).

Has anyone else heard of this and what can I do about it?

2. kornyboy macrumors 68000

Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5H11 Safari/525.20)

You probably have a damaged pixel cluster. You'd have to let Apple do a repair on it for you. That is really the only thing that you can do. They should cover it under the warranty since this should be considered a manufacturing flaw assuming that you don't enjoy extending your index finger and poking your screen regularly.

3. ScottC2105 thread starter macrumors member

I don't think it is the pixels. I can see the screen fine but on darker scenes of movies and such it is very visable. It's kinda hard to explain what it looks like.

On a black background it sort of looks like a laid down L. Visability wise it is like a very light backlight bleed so it definitely looks like a scorch.

I'm not sure how I would get it repaired. The closest Apple store is around 90-100 miles away.

4. 88888888 macrumors 6502a

8600 gt problem? does it come back after u restart"

5. ScottC2105 thread starter macrumors member

It's always there. Never goes away and is clearly visable on a black screen.

Also, is this normal when you open an image (not PSD) in Photoshop? It started happening a month or two after I got this Macbook and it always does it now. I have been meaning to ask.

The only way around it is to CMD + A (select all), CMD + C (copy). Make a new document and CMD + V (paste). I don't think I have to explain what is wrong in the picture below...

[​IMG]

Note: it doesn't do it to the picture only the grey "worktop".