June 15th Order Cancelled Today!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by wake6830, Jun 29, 2010.

1. wake6830 macrumors regular

I ordered two phones for my family plan on June 15th, right around 4pm PDT. Both were scheduled for delivery on 6/24. One was delivered on the 23rd, while the second has been stuck at "prepared for shipment" the entire time.

I've spent probably about 10 hours on the phone with Apple over the past week - first they promised me the phone was still going to arrive on the 24th, then they said it should ship by the 28th, and yesterday they said it should ship any day now. Every time they said they were waiting on activation from AT&T, and AT&T of course denied having any holds or delays on my account every time I called them.

Well, I wake up this morning and find that my order was cancelled. Apple has no explanation. AT&T has no explanation. I spent about two hours on the phone with Apple and AT&T today trying to figure out what happened and nobody has a clue. A supervisor at Apple called some of the local stores for me but was unable to find any in stock, so on her recommendation I just re-ordered via Apple.com and she is going to try to get it here faster than normal.

As of now, the new order is scheduled for delivery on the 26th of July - over a month from the original projected delivery date! This phone is for my wife, and obviously she's pretty anxious to get it.

Has anyone else had such a miserable time with their order? Any tips on escalating the matter so that I don't have to wait another 3+ weeks?

2. Jestered macrumors 6502

Never heard of anything like that before. If I had to guess, I would trust what the Apple person told you about the phone not shipping because there was a problem with activation through AT&T. To me that makes sense, since it was waiting to ship and something was holding it up. Not sure what Apple could do to cause the phone not to ship. The phone can't ship if it's not activating. They probably held on to it and tried numerous times and failed to get it activated and eventually had to ship it to someone else. That would be my guess as to what happened. Who am I though...

3. tigres macrumors 68040

tigres

Here's how sharp AT&T is....

I ordered a case today, a case only.
    This is the confirmation I got....

Dear XXXX,

Thank you for your purchase from the AT&T Premier Online Store. We're pleased with your choice of AT&T as your wireless service provider.

We value and appreciate your business. Your iPhone 4 order has been reserved. As you are aware, customer requests for the product has been extraordinary. We currently estimate that your order will ship within 7 to 10 business days.

At AT&T, we promise to deliver your product as soon as inventory levels permit and fulfill all requests in the order they are placed. As soon as your device ships, we will send an email confirmation including a tracking number for your convenience.

Your order may be subject to AT&T eligibility and credit requirements. If we have any questions about your eligibility or your order, we will contact you via email.

Note: Do not attempt to active your device until you have received it.

You can view the status of your order (https://www.wireless.att.com/business/order_status/) in AT&T Premier Online Store at any time.

Reference Web Order Number: 10123XXXXXXXXXX

If you bought backordered items, we'll ship in-stock merchandise first and then complete your order with a separate shipment. Multiple backordered items will ship when all items are in stock.

Thank you,

The AT&T Premier Team

Accessory

One—Time Charges
    Body Glove Clear/Blue Accent Shell - iPhone 4
    Quantity 1 at $29.99
    $29.99
    Shipping
    Shipping Address
    XXXXXX
    XXXXXX
    XXXXXX
    Payment
    Paid by credit card American Expressxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    xxxxxxxxxxx
    xxxxxx
    xxxxxx
    xxxxxx

Order Summary
    One-Time Charges$29.99
    Estimated Tax$1.80
    Shipping$0.00

Taxes may apply to original purchase price or cost.
    Please note that tax has not yet been calculated.
    1 Customers without valid tax-exempt status will be charged applicable.
    Total One-Time Charges may include an estimated tax calculation. Total charges, along with final tax information, will be included in your shipping notification email. Customers without valid tax-exempt status will be charged applicable taxes. Unless waived, your one-time activation fee will be charged to your first month's statement.

Total Monthly Charges do not include applicable taxes, Pay Per Use charges, State and Federal Universal Service Charges, Regulatory Cost Recovery Fee and other surcharges. Please visit discretionary charges at:http://www.wireless.att.com/customer_service/additional_charges_b2b to view the estimates of the discretionary charges for your area. Customers without valid tax-exempt status will be charged applicable taxes. Your first month's statement will include a one-time activation fee (unless waived), prorated monthly charge, as well as one month's charge in advance. If you are keeping an existing plan, the monthly fees you already pay will not be reflected in the shopping cart. Additional corporate discounts may apply and will appear on your monthly bill as appropriate.

This email was auto–generated. Please do not respond.

© 2010 AT&T Intellectual Property. All rights reserved. AT&T and AT&T logo are trademarks of AT&T Intellectual Property.
    Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Using Premier Via 3rd Parties©2010 AT&T Intellectual Property. All Rights Reserved.

WTF

4. wake6830 thread starter macrumors regular

Yea, AT&T are not the sharpest. Despite all of the problems I've had, Apple's staff have been very helpful and pleasant to work with. The few times I've talked with AT&T have been a different story entirely - they don't have a clue what they're doing.

5. wx4olf macrumors regular

wx4olf

Waiting for dreaded cancelation message

No help but pretty much the same story here. Ordered two phones late on the 15th both with a ships by 2 July date. My wife's actually gets delivered on 23 June while I receive an email that same day stating that mine has been prepared to ship. However the next day I get another email stating that the order has been put on hold due to Apple not getting final authorization from AT&T to ship. Tells me to call AT&T to resolve my eligibility issue otherwise the order will be canceled in seven days. Needless to say I have spent several hours on the phone with both Apple and AT&T. To tell you the truth I don't think either customer service department had a clue how to fix the issue. Just yesterday an Apple rep told me it looked like My order was cleared and should ship by Friday but since the email with the hold said that the phone would ship within 24 hours of clearing authorization I believe this rep had no clue as to the actual status of my order was - so I keep checking my email for the dreaded cancelation message. :(

6. 0101001 macrumors 6502

ATT is dumb, I got this letter today that said sorry for the delay of my new iPhone 4.
    They were delivered on the 24th.

7. jmitch150 macrumors regular

jmitch150

Haha I also got that e-mail.

8. AnthonySager macrumors member

Same old Order Canceled story...my fix from Apple

Well....

I had a similar situation. I ordered my phone on the 15th (took about 13 hours to actually order) Got the confirmation and all. Well on the 20th my phone was randomly canceled. I called Apple and sat on hold 2 hours, then 3 hours. After all of that was told that their was an issue with my account. I called AT&T and they said nope everything is ok. Called Apple back and then asked immediately for a supervisor. Explained my story. We re-ordered my phone with priority. For 2 days my order showed delivered the 19th of July, when i was originally told Thursday.

I called the supervisor directly on Tuesday before launch and asked why my ordered hadn't shipped yet. He told me it might be a little longer but I would have it by the 2nd guaranteed. He then offered me some accessories. I now have a dock, Apple Remote, and black bumper coming for my 32GB iPhone 4 (which is going to be here on the 2nd according to tracking)

So all in all well done Apple. Yes, I had to wait a week to get my phone but I'll take $80 in free stuff. Be polite and explain yourself. They understand there were some issues. I mean geez they sold 1.7 million devices. You're gonna get yours

9. n0otro macrumors member

Bad strategy dude, you should give the FIRST one for your wife, and you wait your ass patiently for the second one.

I know someone who's not getting laid for a month.

10. EvoKnvl macrumors newbie

Interesting... I had ordered 2 iPhone 4's on the 15th as well. One from Apple and the other from AT&T to be sent to my house. Both orders got cancelled. However, AT&T was able to fix it and I also retained my place in the queue. My phone arrives on the 24th...

Apple on the other hand? I got an email on the 19th saying my order was canceled and they couldn't help me out. They told me to go to the store... Yeah right...