June 24th Question

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jp93, Jun 17, 2010.

1. jp93 macrumors regular

Hey everyone,

I somehow managed to pre-order my iPhone 4 on the 15th. I have my order confirmation number and email and it says it will be delivered the 24th. Is this correct? Should I be home all day waiting for Fedex, or am I in the same boat as the people who wont be getting their phones til the 2nd? I'm confused.

Thanks for the help

2. elephunkman macrumors 65816

Check it again on Wednesday. Should be a clear indicator of your delivery date by then.

3. b166er macrumors 68020

b166er

if it says you're getting it 6/24 then you should be fine. FedEx will want a signature, however you can "pre-sign" a form and tape it to your door if you want them to leave the package there without you when you're not home.

4. dmize31287 macrumors regular

Just print out a pre-sign. Thats what I did for the iPad. They say they will be there at X, but usually aren't right on the dot. Besides, if you don't hear it... say good bye to your iphone 4 for another 4-6 hours minimum.

5. jp93 thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the quick reply guys. But I'm against pre-signing for fear of theft. I'll just be home the 24th looking out the window lol.

6. elephunkman macrumors 65816

I would be doing the same if I were you.

7. b166er macrumors 68020

b166er

If I was a kid these days I would totally just ride my bike around and swipe iPhone sized packages off of doorsteps on launch days. I wouldn't dream of doing it now, but I was a little bastard when I was younger.

I wouldn't pre-sign either, not even in my quaint neighborhood. Better to just wait for it, or go to the hub and pick it up.

8. jameskohn macrumors 6502

Ships on the 24th or delivered on the 24th?

Interesting. I too ordered on the 15th, at an AT&T store, and even had my confirmation email early in the same day. My confirmation says it will "ship on or after June 24th". I was under the impression that June 15 preorders would be received on the 24th, NOT shipped "on or after" that date. Where exactly does yours say you will receive it on the 24th?

9. jp93 thread starter macrumors regular

Well I ordered mine off Apple.com, not AT&T's website or store. The confirmation, and even the track my order option both show that it will be delivered June 24th. I can take a screenshot to show you if you would like.

10. Tom G. macrumors 68000

Tom G.

Mine is the same as the OP, I will be home waiting the arrival. I usually have it delivered to work, but after trying all day to pre-order, when I got to the end of the process it said it had to have the same shipping address as the billing address I just said yes and don't want to change it for fear of screwing up the order. It was easy for me to get the day off so that was the easiest way to go.

11. jameskohn macrumors 6502

I know Apple delivers on 6/24, what about AT&T?

I'm trying to find out if anyone who ordered from AT&T, either in the store or online, has a DELIVERY date of June 24th. Mine says "ships on or after June 24th", which is not very encouraging. Does anybody have a June 24th delivery date from AT&T?

12. nayaguilar, Jun 17, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2012
  13. bstpierre macrumors 6502

This is what my email from the AT&T Premier site says:

Pre-orders will be fulfilled beginning June 24, 2010. Orders will ship on a first-come, first-served basis. We will notify you by email when your order ships. Your order may be subject to AT&T eligibility and credit requirements. If we have any questions about your eligibility or your order, we will contact you via email.

I take fulfillment meaning delivery.