June 5th 2008: The return of the free iPod?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Jack Flash, May 16, 2008.

1. Jack Flash macrumors 65816

For the past two years running, this promotion has begun on June 5th. A call to the 5th Avenue Apple Store at 3 AM yielded a sleepy employee suggesting that it'd be coming back.

Any news on this?

2. drfp25 macrumors member

3. Jack Flash thread starter macrumors 65816

I believe it was for any new Mac purchased with a student discount.

4. bsolomonny macrumors regular

I doubt the apple employee has any special info that people on this site don't have. That said, i am pretty sure the back to school buy a mac and get a free ipod promotion will be back.

5. DCSMAC macrumors member

i would say its definitely going to come back, the only question is if you will be able to apply the $150 rebate to the iPhone. hopefully!

6. darklyt macrumors regular

They didn't last year, unfortunately. If AT&T gives a subsidy though, it won't really be necessary.

Wasn't it $200 last year though? I distinctly remember getting my 30gig "Classic" for only $50 after the rebate...

7. drfp25 macrumors member

is the promotion usually for an ipod nano?

I am planning on buying an iMac within the next week or so, but not I am wondering whether I should hold off and wait for this promotion (I already have an iPod but I could always sell this one)

8. H$R macrumors 6502

H$R

more like "the price of a nano". you can buy any iPod and just get off the price what a nano would cost.

9. airjuggernaut macrumors 6502a

Every Mac excepts for Mac Mini's and also (for the people who think "new" just means newly purchased) Refubished Macs.

10. joshua_msu macrumors regular

joshua_msu

With this rebate, will you also get the 100 dollar rebate they are giving on printers now?

11. illidian macrumors 6502

Most probably.

12. closeupman macrumors member

closeupman

Technically yes & no.

It was $200 until they introduced the new gen iNano, which they then priced at $150. So those who didn't act early were SOL, and would have to pony up an additional $50 for the iPod.

13. Minico88 macrumors newbie

It will include the Touch but not the Iphone due to ATT rebate. Part of the rebate may include Itunes credits towards downloads.:apple: