June Apps

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by zoablive, May 15, 2008.

1. zoablive macrumors newbie

Hi,
    Exactly when in June are the Apps going to be available. There is a difference between 1st June, 30th June and 9th September.

Regards

Zoablive

2. donaldj macrumors 6502

donaldj

3. AceFernalld macrumors 65816

AceFernalld

donaldj is right, but we're actually going to find out June 9th.
    We're going to know the release date of the first Apps on June 9th, when Steve Jobs has his keynote. He may release software 2.0 and open the App store on June 9th, or announce that they will be available later in June.

I'm hoping he releases them on June 9th!

4. JML42691 macrumors 68020

JML42691

Um, how does that make donald j wrong? You just confirmed everything that he said. And nobody knows for sure (well, nobody that isn't under a non-disclosure agreement) when they will be announced, my guess, the release will be on the WWDC keynote, or will be announced then. And plus, they could pull a fast one and release it pretty soon, ecspecially with the shortage of iPhones at the time, they will probably release 2.0 at the same time as the 2nd Gen.

5. Hawkeye411 macrumors 68000

Hawkeye411

6. Bowlerguy10 macrumors 6502

7. AceFernalld macrumors 65816

AceFernalld

Sorry, sorry, I was just confirming to the OP that we won't know on June 5th, but June 9th...jeez.

8. agargar macrumors member

What about the price for upgrading to 2.0?
    Wiki says, it will be for free for iphone users, but it will cost for ipod touch :mad: That's not fair !!
    They will induce people to jailbrake...

9. AceFernalld macrumors 65816

AceFernalld

Apple doesn't get a constant $ stream from iPod touch users, so when they release an upgrade with a lot of new features, they charge a nominal fee. I'm guessing that because we're going to have to pay for some applications, that the 2.0 upgrade will be $20, just like January Update. I could see Apple charging less, but definitely not more.

10. ofiaich macrumors member

ofiaich

Hi! :)

Is there any liklihood of recent purchasers getting upgrades free?

Ofiaich :D

11. AceFernalld macrumors 65816

AceFernalld

I doubt they'd give 2.0 for free to recent purchasers, especially because you already know that 2.0 is coming in June. I can't recall if they gave 1.1.3 free to recent purchasers though.

12. JML42691 macrumors 68020

JML42691

All iPhone users will get the 2.0 update for free, all iPod touch users that purchased their iPods before the 2.0 release will have to pay a small fee (my guess: $20-$40), but anybody that bought their iPod after the announcement of the 2.0 release and their iPod does not have the 2.0 software on it will probably get a discount on their purchase that is equal to the cost to upgrade the software to the 2.0. That is the way that they dealt with 1.1.3, and you can expect them to do the same with the 2.0 release (with the only difference being the price to upgrade).