June for iPad 2

Discussion in 'iPad' started by freeman727, May 9, 2011.

1. freeman727 macrumors 6502

Given the switchover to Samsung lcd screens, It looks like we are waiting for June for widespread iPad 2 availability. I'm returning the one that I got from 1.5 weeks ago and waiting for June shipments. Hopefully they will have fixed the QC issues.

2. MozMan68 macrumors 68000

MozMan68

So why not chance it and order one now for a late May ship?? You could always swap it out for a new one if there is an issue or keep it if there isn't.

3. freeman727, May 9, 2011
    Last edited: May 9, 2011

freeman727 thread starter macrumors 6502

That is what I'm doing. Im ordering one from Vanns.com to save on heavy taxes.

4. MozMan68 macrumors 68000

MozMan68

I just ordered mine an hour ago...my stomach is tingling with excitement...

White, 64GB, wifi....May-23 estimated ship...May-27 estimated arrival....c'mon Chinese, speed that up...:D

5. physicsguy13 macrumors 6502

physicsguy13

Hopefully yours will be perfect. I purchased my original one on launch day and it replaced for light bleed and the glass moving up and down by the home button. My replacement still has some bleed but I don't really notice it 99% of the time so it is a keeper for me.

My suggestion would be to use it and if you notice a problem then go and exchange it. If you don't notice a problem during use, I wouldn't go looking for it.

6. catalyst6 macrumors 6502a

catalyst6

I picked up a white 32gb AT&T 3G model last week....fresh off the truck.

Absolutely no abnormal light leakage. Honestly, it's probably one of the better LCD screens I own (out of any device) in terms of no light leaking. Even under full brightness, I struggle to make anything out.

I'm so OCD about this kind of stuff it hurts, but I can't even find anything to worry about here....and I think this is the first Apple device I've purchased where I've not swapped it out for some defect.

Maybe they've switched over already?

7. freeman727 thread starter macrumors 6502

Hopefully. I just got off chat with the folks at Vanns.com They said maybe next week. It looks like the stock of iPads are coming in faster even for non-Apple electronic shops. One can only hope :eek:

8. 7thMac macrumors 6502

Yup, it seems like the non-Apple vendors have gotten only a trickle. The supply chain or LCD issues must have been pretty serious.

9. freeman727 thread starter macrumors 6502

Do you think the supply is controlled by Apple in such a way that the Apple Stores get the vast majority of iPad's? It seems that way.

10. intervenient macrumors 6502a

It's probably more that there is no middle man to go through with an Apple store vs. any other retailer.

11. 7thMac macrumors 6502

Perhaps, but the overall supply still seems constrained. Apple stores are not exactly flush with inventory.

12. freeman727 thread starter macrumors 6502

agreed, it makes sense from a business perspective to feed your own store first. Make up on the margin and gain exposure due to their supercool store. If only all stores could be as nice as the Apple Store. It's just not the same when you go into a Sony Store. Their store just seems so late 90's early 2000's.