June or Jailbreak?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Shap, Mar 6, 2008.

  1. Shap macrumors member

    Joined:
    Jan 29, 2008
    #1
    I was going to wait for today, but since nothing will be out till june now I'm tempted to jailbreak the phone.

    I know basically nothing about jailbreak though. What are the risks involved? Is it worth time time or should I just wait again till june?

    Whats everyone else doing thats not jailbreak.:confused:
     
  2. Whorehay macrumors 6502a

    Whorehay

    Joined:
    Feb 17, 2008
    #2
    No risks. Just don't update with iTunes when a new firmware comes out and you will be fine.
     
  3. Gambuchi macrumors member

    Joined:
    Nov 15, 2003
    Location:
    Oregon
    #3
  4. B.A. macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Feb 18, 2007
    #4
    I chose jailbreak. Used ZiPhone, my jaw literally dropped when I saw how fast it was completed.
     
  5. AHDuke99 macrumors 68020

    AHDuke99

    Joined:
    Nov 14, 2002
    Location:
    Charleston, SC
    #5
    jailbreak now and you can update in june when 2.0 comes out. not that big of a deal.
     
  6. geekmommy4 macrumors 6502

    geekmommy4

    Joined:
    Feb 10, 2008
    Location:
    Texas
    #6
    So to do that, would I just do a restore and then do the update?

    Am I right in assuming that whenever a firmware update is released, I can restore and then let it do the update (and then wait for the new jailbreak to be released before doing it again if I still want to after 2.0 comes out).

    Thanks!
    Lisa
     

Share This Page