Juniper Visa no immediate approval?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Mindflux, Mar 7, 2008.

1. Mindflux macrumors 68000

Mindflux

I wanted to get a refurb MB Black, so I decided to apply for the Juniper card and pay it off 90 days same as cash. I have a credit score in the 780's (highest tier). I applied for the card and got a message about needing further review.

Is the juniper card not an instant approval type scenario?

2. sadilak macrumors member

Juniper sucks. Their interest rates are freakishly high. You are better off using discover or any other visa/master/amex instead of Juniper Visa.

3. hockeysc23 macrumors regular

I agree I would avoid using that card under all costs if I were you. Discover was giving 5% cashback on Apple earlier thats not a bad deal. If you really cannot afford it then I would wait and save up and not risk it.

4. Mindflux thread starter macrumors 68000

Mindflux

Yeah, it may suck but if I pay it off within 90 days then there's no need to worry about the interest rate.

5. userX319 macrumors newbie

Avoid Juniper & Apple deals

All is not as promoted. I placed an order through the Apple online store for a MacBook, Applecare, keyboard, and a free (after rebate) printer all at the same time and date. The various components were shipped by Apple on different dates and from different locations. Apple billed Juniper on the various shipment dates. As a result the 180 day deal that Apple promoted actually turned out to be 90 days for the printer, keyboard, and Applecare because of the differing ship dates.