Junk in Mail and Mail in iOS IMAP

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Peter Franks, Dec 18, 2015.

1. Peter Franks macrumors 65816

I have my iPhone 5S set up as IMAP and receive emails on this phone and also on my MacBookPro. When the MBP is open and on, all the junk email goes into junk. But on the iPhone, annoyingly and I say annoyingly, because there is one in particular that comes through repeatedly all day, every day. On the laptop, this and most other junk goes straight into junk folder, but the iPhone gets anything and everything in the inbox, and I'm fed up with deleting it. Any help appreciated.

2. rambo47 macrumors 6502a

rambo47

Are you using an iCloud email address? If so, creating rules on your MBP to filter email by key words or by sender should translate to your phone as well.

3. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

It sounds like the junk filter in OS X Mail is catching these when it is running. No way around it when OS X Mail is not running. If you are using iCloud, what you can do to help is forward the spam mails as an attachment to spam@icloud.com . Then Apple can over time filter those on the server side.

4. Peter Franks thread starter macrumors 65816

Hi guys. Thank you. No. It's a @domainname. Business email address. And the hosting company can't help me at all. Like I say. All good on the Mac, but iPhone filters nothing.

5. BrianBaughn macrumors 601

BrianBaughn

Sounds like a bare-bones hosting situation. I take it you're not in charge of choosing the email host.

6. satcomer macrumors 603

satcomer

Sounds like you need something like SPAMSieve.

7. Peter Franks thread starter macrumors 65816

Would that work on the phone? I don't have the problem on the Mac.

No, that's correct