Junk in your trunk (pocket or purse)

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by steve knight, Apr 24, 2019.

1. steve knight macrumors 68030

steve knight

Been having fun with Chainmaille and cool beads.
    got a new wallet thats fun and simple. though for some reason my transit card wont work through the leather. It did in my wallet that had more stuff in the way. so I glued a Lego onto it so its easy to slide out far enough for it to work. a little bottle of emergency antacid a gerber tactical pen (just got it for my birthday I love the heft) chris reeve knife with Koi (hard to get a pic of it tape measure leatherman juice airpods and my iphone. Finally got the hellboy bead and the bart Simpson bead all the way from russia.
    all my tools but for the tape measure (dont know where it was made) are made in the us. the wallet too. my little Knife I carry on my suspenders and my leatherman and pen made here in portland where I leave. I used to have a benchmade knife adn that made all my tools were made in Portland. but the chris reeve knife is in Idaho. Even the chainmaille is made here in portland.
    IMG_1055.jpg IMG_1056.jpg IMG_1057.jpg

2. chown33 macrumors 604

3. steve knight thread starter macrumors 68030

steve knight

I have been playing this racing game in my phone and you have these weapons and one of them is junk in your trunk and it tosses a lot of junk out including burning bbqs.

4. LizKat macrumors 601

LizKat

Probably among things I would not want in my car trunk would be burning BBQs. I found a half-shredded roll of paper towel in there one wintry morning.... and then started setting Jawz traps in the damn trunk overnight whenever I have transported covered casseroles of hot food to a party. I was surprised that a mouse could get into the trunk but then there are all manner of ports for wiring harness and such, so... ugh. There might be some lingering scent of food in the car now and then, but there have been no more all night after-party celebrations in the trunk.

I avoid ending up with much random trash in my handbags because I learned to swap handbags often enough to force me to consider what I wish to carry around. Most of the "junk" amounts to Apple devices and what it takes to charge them, listen to them, share audio output with others etc.

5. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Nice Sebenza.

6. AngerDanger macrumors 601

AngerDanger

Ah, I love clever little fixes like that. :)

In my dorms, we had ID cards you had to hold in proximity to sensors to unlock the building. I'm freakishly clumsy and would frequently drop the contents of my wallet onto the floor, just trying to remove my ID card.

One day, it dawned on me to put the card in one f the wallet's furthest sides and pry off the little RFID-sheilding on that side of the wallet. Since then, I'd just hold my cheapo dollar-store wallet near the door, and it'd unlock.

7. jkcerda macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

8. Zenithal macrumors 604

You know, Steve, if I didn't know you as much as I do now, which is little to say the least, I'd have presumed you were a gang banger of some sort.

9. steve knight thread starter macrumors 68030

steve knight

now thats funny I am a old fart but hey I will take it as a good thing.

10. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Can't be a gang banger if he doesn't have a "banger" to show with his EDC.

11. Zenithal macrumors 604

I'm sure he'll show it to you if you ask nicely.

12. lowendlinux Contributor

lowendlinux

Nice Sebenza!

13. steve knight thread starter macrumors 68030

steve knight

I fell in love with that one. one of the few designs I liked.