Junk Mail Question

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by wildcardd, Apr 17, 2007.

1. wildcardd macrumors 6502a

Sorry, new switcher here.

This may sound silly, but where the heck is the junk mailbox in Mail?

I went to check it to see if anything is in there and it is not displayed on the left vertical column (where it logically would be). Didn't find an option to enable it either.

Thanks in advance.

2. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

Chances are, Mail is still in junk mail "training" mode, where messaged deemed as SPAM are not moved, but are marked in brown. You can change Mail's junk mail behavior in Mail Preferences > Junk Mail. ...If you chose "Move junk mail to the Junk Mailbox" that folder will appear on the left.

It also depends on your email provider. In many cases, your email provider will not forward junk mail to your email program (in which case you can turn off your email providers SPAM filter and allow Apple Mail to do all of the work, or you can regularly check your SPAM folder through your email provider).

3. wildcardd thread starter macrumors 6502a

4. chickenlegs macrumors member

chickenlegs

Junk mail that isn't Junk

May I please get an answer to a 'Junk' mail proplem here too?

Does Mail not automatically move incorrectly labelled 'Junk' mail into my Inbox wheh I select them as 'Not Junk' in the Junk folder??
    Is this a function that Mail is able to do? It seems a very sensible idea but I cannot see where I would set this preferrence.

I am using Mail on a new iMac with Leopard

Thanks
    Chris