Juno for OSX

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by jzuena, Nov 1, 2009.

1. jzuena macrumors 6502a

jzuena

I've finally convinced my mom to try a Mac. I have built her a mini complete with Windows XP running virtualized for any apps that I just can't get a Mac replacement for. While she is willing to switch her PC from Windows to OSX, she is not willing to switch away from her email provider... Juno. Juno says that they have a Mac version, but since I don't have an account I couldn't even download it (it will have to wait for D-day which will be next Sunday). Does anyone have any info on the Juno client for Mac (like does it only run on Panther or something equally old... her machine has Snow Leopard)? I have apps (untested) for exporting her mail and contacts into mail.app to hold her archives, but she really wants to keep using Juno for new mail.

If anyone knows how to set up her account on Juno's server to just forward to her ISP-provided address, I could wean her off of outgoing Juno first and then when all of her friends get her new address just get rid of Juno altogether.

2. Mycatisbigfoot macrumors regular

run the 10.6 install cd, and at optional installs install roestta! then juno for 10.3 will run, I would try that, or look at getting 10.5 on there, as it does run better for most basic things,