All iPads Jus bought Steelseries Stratus controller

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by 3rdiguy, Jun 20, 2014.

1. 3rdiguy macrumors 65816

3rdiguy

So my job rewarded me with a $50 Apple gift card and I thought it was a mighty fine time to buy the Steelseries Stratus controller. With the card it came out to only $36 dollars for me which took the sting out of the $79.99 price. Now I don't have a Apple TV but I do have the Lightning to Digital AV Adapter so this will be my gaming set up. It is very tiny yet it fits perfectly in my hands(because they're small). I have GTA:San Andreas asphalt 8 and will get Metal storm 3 later. This will work for me.

Attached Files:

2. 3rdiguy thread starter macrumors 65816

3rdiguy

Just tested Asphalt 8 and the control is awesome. The feel of the handling is a welcome upgrade for me. I don't have a game system and in a casual gamer but I want to push my ios devices all the way

3. czecho7 macrumors member

czecho7

Awesome, thanks a lot for the info. I've been considering getting this controller over the last few days, so this was perfect timing! Any chance you could post a few more pics of the controller?

4. 3rdiguy thread starter macrumors 65816

3rdiguy

Do not get this controller! I've tried it with GTA:SA & when I go to menus the cursor shoots up through all the options constantly. The character doesn't stop walking and now the mixtape doesn't play my music anymore. I've tried metal slug 3: FAIL sonic cd:FAIL Only game that works well is asphalt 8. I even installed software update and I really feel horrible about my purchase. I just wanted to play gta without any issues but that's not the case.

5. Poly macrumors 6502

Could you maybe try the Stratus out with "Monster Hunter Freedom Unite"?
    It's a console port to iOS so it should perfectly fine with the Stratus....

I'm considering buying a Stratus for MH Freedom Unite specifically.

6. marcip3 macrumors newbie

7. Poly macrumors 6502

Does the L-thumbstick control movement and the R-thumbstick the camera control?
    To what degree do i still need to interact with the screen while the Stratus is attached?

I really appreciate your input :)

8. 3rdiguy thread starter macrumors 65816

3rdiguy

It doesn't work with Minigore 2, metal slug 3, GTA:SA, sonic CD, sonic racing transformed.

9. Poly macrumors 6502

That can't be the case!
    I saw MULTIPLE videos on youtube where someone uses the SS Stratus to play GTA SA! You're probably doing something wrong...

10. 3rdiguy thread starter macrumors 65816

3rdiguy

I downloaded the game,deleted it and tried multiple times. The character just walks on his own and in menus it scrolls sporadically.

11. Poly macrumors 6502

I have the Stratus and it works perfectly for me...
    But the controller is pretty slow to actually connect to my ipad :/

12. Iphonedai macrumors member

13. Juice805 macrumors newbie

I got this controller with an Apple gift card and I am 100% satisfied! Love playing games on my iPad now (especially GBA4iOS). However since iOS 8 I noticed the pause button also acts as the home button, so i can't really pause a game without exiting the app.

Does anyone else with the controller have the same problem?