Jus got my new iPad, now what?

greggstroud

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 31, 2008
Southampton UK
Just bought my first iPad and I'm just wondering what cool things people reccomend doing first or anything that people don't really think about?

Rodster

macrumors 68040
May 15, 2007
I would dangle it out the window of your flat and see how many gasp at the thought of you dropping it. :D

Um hit iTunes and start downloading some cool games. I started a thread on free apps. There are some good ones in there. If Zombie Gunship is still available snag it because it's really well done. Oh and congrats on your purchase.

Comment

doboy

macrumors 68020
Jul 6, 2007
search this forum for answers that have been asked frequently. :rolleyes:

Comment

klover

macrumors 6502a
Jun 7, 2009
Do what we all do. Check for yellowing, backlight bleed, dust under glass, light leakage around bezel, dead pixels, scratches, misaligned home button, and more!

Comment

danetello

macrumors 6502
Dec 23, 2010
London, UK
I guess just go to the App store and scroll through the top 100 apps, see which ones you like and download
Maybe watch a few youtube iPad app reviews as well

Comment

ManUMark

macrumors member
Apr 28, 2012
Check out maps and the street view, find out how to take a screen shot, download 'Kingdon Rush', make a video, FaceTime your friends,

Comment

MattWeed9

macrumors member
May 26, 2012
Buy two more and mount them to the bottom of your car. It's the new in thing.

I rather enjoy NOVA 3 and Mass Effect Infiltrator. They cost moneis but are good fun. A lot of of the free games are riddled with in app purchases so I tend to stay away from them. Heck, even some of the pay games have them too.

If you like the music, Pandora is a nice app. Garage Band is only nice for when I plug in my guitar.

If you like to cook you could download some recipe app and get to work liek these fine people.

Edit: I forgot the most important one... Jail break it.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.