Just a Christmas story

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by justan, Dec 27, 2008.

1. justan macrumors member

Well i made a post about my ipod touch. Forgot the story though:eek: lol not that important, i just thought it was funny.

So Christmas Eve...people over, eating, exchanging gifts, having fun....etc...About 10mins before everyone leaves my mom is like "WAIT!! One last gift for Justan!" She comes out with a box. I open it, everyones like "OMG what is it? What does it say??" It was a 3M box and said something i cant remember. So i open it...i see cleaning supplies and post its and office stuff and im like WTF?? Not trying to be rude i say "Mom are you sure this isnt yours?" I hand her the box and say Merry Christmas(She is a housekeeper at an old folks home) and she says "Dig a little deeper" So i dig...i see just the CORNER of the plastic case and instantly knew what it was and almost crapped my self. Id wanted one but my parents said it was to expensive. I was SOOOO happy. As soon as everyone left i put a crapload of music on it and downloaded apps.

My first ever ipod and i have to say, im extremely thrilled. The ipod Touch truely is, THE funnest ipod EVER!!!

Happy Holidays!!! Hope you all got what you wished for:D:D:D

2. marcha macrumors newbie

Sweet!

I already had a nano 3G and loved it to bits. Tried to get my partner sold on an iPod, cuz he often rides for hours in the car and only has a Jap import radio. I figured getting an iPod would allow him to play some podcasts or his own iTunes playlist (he already was using iTunes) while he was underway. And he is an Apple fan... but no, he didn't want an iPod, and he didn't want it in the car.

One day I got a friend to loan me her little adapter for the car, and while we were underway, I plugged my nano in. We listened to a podcast and then to some tunes, and had a great time with it. That afternoon I showed him some more tricks with the nano and iTunes and we went through the iPod Touch clip on the apple website.

Needless to say, two months later (Christmas too), we both have an iPod Touch 2G, the nano will continue some service but will mostly become the kids' audio-book reader. My partner has firmly replaced his PDA with the iPod Touch and has been having a great time with the iPod Touch - at home and in the car and at work. It's a nifty organizer/mp3 player and everything but a phone (we're waiting to get Fring sorted with the mic headset). We're mighty pleased.

And I love that your parents wrapped your iPod Touch the way they did to surprise you!

3. Andrew K. macrumors 65816

Bolded part reminds me of Craig from South Park! hahaha Congrats!

4. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

great story op!

oh jeeze, mine are like that too. they will use old boxes/wrap boxes in boxes/fill boxes with old items and what not

i hate it, makes it hard to guess lol

5. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Congrats!

But I would have felt rejected and taken the gift back if I was told if I was sure it was the right gift. I means I would have accepted anything like the card a friend sent me.

6. justan thread starter macrumors member

lol i just noticed. It does sound like his overly sarcastic voice XD

7. justan thread starter macrumors member

?? I dont get what your trying to say

8. bruinsrme macrumors 603

bruinsrme

very nice, it sounds like you deserved it.
    enjoy

9. iTracz macrumors newbie

My Christmas Story

I too tricked my 16 year old daughter on Christmas day. She had been saying the only thing she wanted for Christmas was and Ipod Touch 2g, to which I answered they are too expensive. I have 4 children, so she accepted this and just seemed bummed. Well needless to say I ordered her one and had her name engraved on it. When it came in the mail she was the one who answered the door and signed for it. I told her it was a Cyclo I had ordered for her brother, and asked her to wrap it. On Christmas Eve I got up and changed the name tag so her brother didn't open it and thing it was his. The look on her face when she opened it on Christmas morning was priceless! But that is not the end of the story........imagine my surprise when I opened my gifts and found that my kids and my boyfriend had gotten me and Ipod Touch for Christmas too.

This is my first Ipod and let me tell you, even though I am a mother of 4, this is one of the funnest gifts I have ever received. I absolutely love my Ipod Touch and now understand why my daughter wanted one so bad. I never leave the house without it, does that ever wear off???

10. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

Excellent iPod Touch Christmas stories justan and iTracz. :)

11. Andrew K. macrumors 65816

Nope Still excited with my iPhone 3g which I got on launch day! :D

12. todd2000 macrumors 68000

yeah my friends all chipped in and got me a 32GB iPod touch for christmas I'm typing this on it now! This thing awesome! Back to playing :)

13. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

Nice friends! :)

14. MacHappytjg macrumors 65816

Bahaha my parents always discuise my gifts by putting them in bigger boxes and stuff.