Just a few questions!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Carbonic, Jun 6, 2008.

1. Carbonic macrumors regular

Hey everyone, I am excited for the announcement on Monday (who isnt?)
    I just have a few questions though...

I remember when I got my last iPhone last year, I had to pay a $500 dollar deposit to ATT, will I have to do this again? (I'm no longer on ATT, I switch to T-Mobile because I got over the iPhone after 4-5 months, but now I am excited again..) Would I have to pay that deposit again if I went to the Apple store instead? I'll be paying with a card.

I'm just hoping you get to buy it, and walk out, and activate at home.

Also, what does everyone think about it being released on Monday after the announcement? I'm planning on standing in line super early in the morning, just incase.

2. volsfan macrumors regular

volsfan

unfortunatly because att sucks you will probaly have to pay again

3. Carbonic thread starter macrumors regular

What if I go to the Apple store instead?

4. FarSeide macrumors 6502a

FarSeide

You will be able to purchase the phone at any Apple store without signing any contract but here are couple things to remember...

1. Even if you buy from Apple store and take it home to activate via iTunes, AT&T may still require you to pay deposit.
    2. If you know that your going to use it on AT&T network, why not take advantage of the new subsidy price so that it can off set some of your deposit money.

5. Carbonic thread starter macrumors regular

Is that subsidy price ever confirmed? How would it set some $ off the deposit anyways?

If I go to Apple anyways, I get a discount, so who knows what I'll do.... tips?