Just a little dream

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Dagless, Aug 3, 2007.

1. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Just had another Mac-related dream :D

I caught a plane to NY or somewhere, walking past an Apple store an employee called me in, saying "Steve needs witnesses". It was August the 7th (yea :rolleyes: ) and there was a bunch of us sat around desks that had been pushed together. I was sat next to this girl and I started showing off my newly purchased iPhone. Only it... wasn't. It was a huge block with a series of vulcanised rubber grooves, the display was a touchscreen yes. But a sort of flexible paper one with brissles that stuck out, a little like a Sticklebrick*. Rather than using sensors for the interface, the screen was on a roll, so you had to push it in each direction and it would loop around on itself. I remember thinking "this is the best device ever" :D

The event started with Steve in the corner of the room, he was talking about something. Sales I think. So I whipped out my Gameboy (the age old one too), everyone around me was bored so I passed it around and they put it up to full volume. To which Steve heard and told us to be quiet :D
    The new product? The crazy rubber iPhone I just bought.

I made some friends and we all exchanged numbers. but I remembered it was only a "rental" phone and that I'll never see them again...

*a sticklebrick
    [​IMG]

2. SuperCompu2 macrumors 6502a

SuperCompu2

3. twistedlegato macrumors 65816

twistedlegato

Ahh, I thought this would be one of those "for real" see into the future dreams.

Anyways, you have fun with that rubber.:D

4. cleanup macrumors 68030

cleanup

How on God's green earth do people remember their dreams? I never do...

Oh, and I usually die somehow. Then I wake up. I do kind of gasp a bit, I don't bolt upright like in the movies.

I don't dream often though. But when I do, I die! :( No pleasant Apple dreams for me.

5. monke macrumors 65816

monke

How about those dreams where your falling, like into a pit or even over a railing. And just before you hit the ground, you shake and wake up.

I do it all the time and hate it. I just wanna know what it's like to hit the ground. ;)

6. LinuXtreme macrumors regular

LinuXtreme

My dreams are kinda like that sometimes, only instead of falling its being chased on foot by a gunman. :eek: I always zig-zag.

I used to wonder about what it would feel like to actually get hit (kind of like you wondering what it would feel like to hit the ground just before waking up), but not anymore. That's because one night I dreamt that I didn't zig-zag enough and took one to the head. And felt it. :eek: I woke up thinking that I must have actually been shot.

Mostly though I can't remember what I've dreamt. Even if I kinda remember, it usually doesn't make sense. They're kinda surreal things. Last night I dreamt that I was creating buildings out of tinker toy-type sticks and going inside, at which time it turns into a train that creaps up a very sheer, very tall cliff like the one on "Princess Bride" while "Crazy Train" plays in the background.

Reckon I need a psychologist? :D

7. OutThere macrumors 603

OutThere

If you want to remember, put a notebook and pen next to your bed. First thing upon waking up, before even getting out of bed, write down anything at all that you remember, stream-of-consciousness style, as fast as it comes into your head. Do it every morning and you'll start being able to remember everything you dream.

Last night I had a dream that I got home at like 3am and my dad was having all of the cars in the driveway (including 5 or 6 of my friends' cars :confused: ) towed away. :p

8. LinuXtreme macrumors regular

LinuXtreme

I've tried that (in fact the pencil and paper are still on my nightstand), but my problem is that I don't wake up enough to realize that I need to write anything down (I'm a bit of a fitful sleeper). Usually by the time I'm awake, most of my memory of what I've dreamt is gone, except for the inkling that whatever it was went weird. They remind me of those dreams you have when you're sick.

Come to think of it, the tossing and turning is probably to blame for my crazy dreams since I'm partially conscious...

9. Joshua8o8 macrumors 6502

I love when that happens, always cracks me up...

Do i have nothing better to do with my time than read silly posts like these....

i checked and... nope, nothing better to do... haha

10. Dagless thread starter macrumors Core

Dagless

I remember the important parts, as I recall them for whatever reason I start getting other bits being filled in. Normally have between 1-3 good dreams per night but usually only remember the last one.

As for hitting the ground - it's ace when that happens and you don't wake up. It's as if you then know it's a dream so it becomes lucid.