Just a little story

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by LoveToMacRumors, Oct 28, 2016.

1. LoveToMacRumors macrumors 68020

LoveToMacRumors

Locked myself out of the car, had my phone set up as a gps for maps. Thank god for the Watch, contacted some people and 40 min later, everything was solved.

hahahahhaah, never thought using the watch for that kind of situation.

2. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

The little things like this that save the day. Technology at its finest.

3. julesme macrumors regular

This is one of the reasons I think wearables (especially watches) will become must-own devices for most people: Wearables are always with you, so you don't have to worry that you will leave it behind in a bar or discover you've accidentally locked it in your car where you can't gain access to it.

4. matrix07 macrumors 601

matrix07

Earlier this year I locked myself out on my balcony at 25th floor. The phone's in my bedroom. Used the watch to call my girlfriend (her office was nearby). Problem solved in 30 mins instead of waiting a whole day for her to get back.

5. evanmVA macrumors newbie

My wife was attending dog obedience class with our new puppy. The puppy went on the floor during class and my wife quickly took her outside leaving her phone, keys and purse in the classroom. When she returned to class the door was locked, the class was over and the owner of the school and left for the day. My wife texted me from her watch, I called the owner of the school and she returned five minutes later and open the door for her. Problem solved. Thank you Apple Watch!

6. LiveM macrumors 6502a

LiveM

Happened to me today. Locked the phone in someone else's house after an open home so called the owner to find out when they'd be home so I could return later. In the meantime I was able to conduct an SMS conversation to arrange an offer to buy the house with an Android user, which wouldn't have been possible on my iPad, via Wi-Fi from a cafe.

7. Closingracer macrumors 68020

If it's a nice day I wouldn't mind being locked out all day

8. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

http://www.ianswerguy.com/sms-text-messages-on-an-ipad/

9. consultant_on_journey macrumors regular

10. Mlrollin91 macrumors G5

Mlrollin91

Nope. I've left my iPhone at home and had my iPad with me at a friend's house. Received iMessage and SMS without a problem. Same goes with my Mac. SMS works fine even if my iPhone is 20 miles away.

11. consultant_on_journey macrumors regular