Just a mic not headphones?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Accessories' started by semin28, Dec 7, 2008.

1. semin28 macrumors regular

Is there a stand alone mic with no headphones that I can just plug in the headphone jack? I see griffen has a Ikaraoke product but will that record things? Not just sing alongs ? They also have a smarttalk where u plug in your headphones . Will that work? Anyone try any of these out yet? Any other stand alone mics ? Thanks

2. ThunderBull4 macrumors 6502

I think a mic that plugs into the headphone jack is only possible with the 2nd gen iPod touch, but I'm not certain.

3. semin28 thread starter macrumors regular

O so the smarttalk won't work? I'm still confused on what the smarttalk does .

4. -Dark Angel- macrumors 6502

The Griffin smarttalk will work without plugging in the headphones. Anyway if you have your headphones plugged in when you are using a voice recorder you won't hear anything through the headphones so it's best not to wear them anyway.

5. semin28 thread starter macrumors regular

Do u have it? If so how good is the recording ?

6. -Dark Angel- macrumors 6502

Sure I do, and its very good for me. Here is a post that compares the recording quality for serveral mics for the iPod.

Compare mics for iPod touch

7. semin28 thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks. I went to bestbuy,apple store,target and couldn't find the mic. I don't feel like ordering it over line but I might have to. Or I might just go with the old apple earphones with mic . Is that any good? I hate apple headphones but if the mic Is worth it then I'll get them instead .

8. -Dark Angel- macrumors 6502

I'm not sure about their quality since I don't have one. I wouldn't buy them anyway since with these adapters you can use any headphones you want.