Just a question regarding backing up iphone after Jailbreak

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by rob82aus, Oct 24, 2008.

1. rob82aus macrumors newbie

Hey guys.
    I have just used the quickpwn to jailbreak my iphone 3g 2.1 so i can install other programs using Cydia - more specifically PDAnet which if anyone hasnt used yet, is an amazing program.

Anyway, i just had a question in regards to backup - i understand about not updating firmwares when apple releases them to be safe, however right before I jailbroke i created a backup... I kind have thought that if anything goes wrong (which it didnt) i woudl be able to restore to my previous legit iphone... anyway, my plan was not to backup again so that all my data would be with the unbroken jailphone backup.

I accidently plugged my iphone in again after the jailbreak adn then saw tunes doing another backup - My question is, will this stuff my backup up when I go to reinstall it - such as my first backup was legit with nothing illegal per say, but now the only backup i'll have is the backup after i had jail broken it (will this include all the jailbroken applciations - will it stuff it up when i try to restore and attemp to restore the iphone to the 3G jailbroken state???

a response would be greatly apprecaited..

2. TheConfuzed1 macrumors 6502a

No worries. Only the legit stuff is actually backed up. :)